Intercontinental hotel Madrid  » Hotels  »
Madrid Centre
  • The building itself is excellent and looks like it is either an old palace or based on a palace I think it is the former of these
  • Overall I would really recommend this hotel as a great place to stop
  • If we were going to Madrid again I would more than happily stop there both Lyndsey and I really enjoyed it

• by SteveRaders

When I was in Madrid with Lyndsey on our way down to the coast to collect the kids from their Grand parents we stopped off in Madrid for the night and the hotel we stayed in was the InterContinental in Madrid. The hotel itself is located only a couple of minutes away from the Bernebau and the Serrano which is a road that has a lot of the big names shops on. The building itself is excellent and looks like it is either an old palace or based on a palace I think it is the former of these. There is parking

at the hotel and this costs thirty euro’s a night.

Inside the hotel is spectacular, it is very grand in design and does complement the build and does it justice. The lobby and reception a very nice, they are comfortable. Checking in was quite quick and we were able to speak to them totally in Spanish, which was good.

The room we were given for our night there was very nice, the room had all the mod cons in there and the bed was so comfy that it was hard to get out off. The en suite was very well appointed and the whole ...

• room was well cleaned. The style of the room is very different to that down stairs and outside as it is a lot more modern. There was the TV, kettle for tea and coffee and a mini bar.

There are leisure facilities at the hotel but as we were quite late arriving we only had a look at the gym which is very well decorated and equipped with the latest state of the art cardio vascular machines.

The food at the hotel is first rate, we ate in the fine dinning restaurant that is in the courtyard the restaurant is called El Jardin Del Intercontinental.

The service is top class and the food is wonderful. Lyndsey had a couple of the sea food dishes while I had this wonderful chicken dish which the name escapes me. All the food we had looked great and tasted even better and certainly tasted very fresh.

Overall I would really recommend this hotel as a great place to stop. If we were going to Madrid again I would more than happily stop there both Lyndsey and I really enjoyed it. If we couldn’t stop there we would certainly go back to the restaurant just for a meal the food was that good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21112534680831/k2311a1211/12.11.08