Holiday Inn Stevenage
Stevenage UK
  • I did notice that there is a big NCP car park close by if the car park is full but I hate to think of what the cost of that would be per night

• by SteveRaders

When I was working in Stevenage I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Stevenage. The hotel is located just on the edge of the town centre and is just off the A one M at junction seven. The hotel is also in easy reach of Luton Airport and also not far from the centre of London. As I drove down I was hoping the hotel had a car park and there is a small car park and I only just got a space, the hotel does charge for the car

park and the rate is only three pound fifty a night which is good for this type of hotel in this location. I did notice that there is a big NCP car park close by if the car park is full but I hate to think of what the cost of that would be per night. The building is a large modern building down in the style that matches those around it which fits it win very well.

Inside the hotel is equally as nice with an impressive lobby and reception area’s.

Checking in took five minutes and the staff there are very helpful and friendly. As the hotel is brand new everything is still pristine in condition and makes the place look very nice indeed.

The room I had was very nice a big double bed and a large desk to work at that had internet points to connect to the laptop I had with me. There was also a TV, a kettle for the hot drinks, but no mini bar not sure if its just the standard of room I hard ...

• Holiday Inn Stevenage
      or whether the hotel doesn’t have any full stop. The en suite was very nice everything new and looking like I might be the first to use it.

The leisure facilities in the hotel were ok, there is a gym which is very well equipped but nothing much else so I didn’t use it. There is a leaflet there that says you can get entry to the LA Fitness gym just down the road for six pound.

The food at the hotel was nice, the service was good and the staff very helpful.

The menu here is well thought out and put together with something that everyone should enjoy on there. The food when it came was very fresh and tasted great. The same can be said for breakfast.

Overall this is a good new hotel. The only down sides are the limited parking and limited leisure facilities. In this day and age I would have thought they would cater for more people with a bigger car park and also have at least a sauna and steam room even if they don’t have a pool

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21112534650831/k2311a1211/12.11.08