Biman Bangladesh Airlines  » Airlines  »
1.5
  • I found not only me but many other's baggage did not come

• by mok

Biman is national flag carrier airline of Bangladesh.

Recently I have flown to this airline from Singapore to Dhaka in Bangladesh in November 2008. Last time I have flown in 1996, also from Singapore Dhaka, when the flight was late by 15 hours.

This time found the airline departed more punctually with about only 40 minutes delays. It was about 3.5 hours flying passage. Flight was very smooth.

Due to shortage of carrier Biman has leased some planes for various companies, this was one of those leased carrier from ‘Pegasus’, a Turkish company. In

flight crew and pilot was Turkish nationality, except for 2 Bangladeshi crew members.

Being very cheap and known fact that this carrier does not limit baggage carrying requirements for hundreds of low paid workers traveling from Singapore to Dhaka, all the seats were fully booked. Another reason for so crowded flight could be because the day before flight was canceled.

Check in was horrible with each passenger carrying more than 5 pieces of large baggages with them. Inside flight was full of hand carried luggages and some are really very big pieces.

Very ...

• poor in flight services. Once the flight on its way and the only food (serves food once only) serving is completed, cabin crews disappears and despite several calls none will come forward. Behavior of local crew is more like being treated as customer rather than treating the customers.

The thing made worst when on reaching Dhaka International airport, my baggage was missing. I was told to go to lost baggage report counter at the other end of airport lobby. I found not only me but many other’s baggage did not come. It was explained

to me that due to small aircraft and too many luggage, some baggage has to left at Singapore and those will arrive by next days flight. From the behavior of the ground and their conversation, it appeared that missing baggage is nothing new for the regular passenger of Biman. Rather it created a guilty feeling that I am not aware of the norm for this airline.

For my business trips I had to travel more than hundred airlines, travel in Biman is most memorable of all those flights due to very unique deviations from other airlines.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401112534600831/k2311a1211/12.11.08