Breville BL 19 Intelligent blender  » Housewares  »
  • If you make `Fruit Smoothies` then a cold thick glass goblet seems a far better idea to me, I know that you have to be careful washing them up, but for me its worth it

• by Sarahjh2

This electric blender belongs to the `Antony Worrall Thompson Cookware` range. My sister is mad about his products.

Last month she bought the set of three saucepans from his cookware range and when she got her wages this month she decided to treat herself to the blender.

We went to John Lewis to have a look at the blender and she ended up buying it, but I must admit that the toughened plastic goblet spoilt it for me a little, If I was going to choose I would always choose a glass goblet.

If

you make `Fruit Smoothies` then a cold thick glass goblet seems a far better idea to me, I know that you have to be careful washing them up, but for me its worth it.

A 600 watt motor gives plenty of power and the motor is no noisier than any other blender.

I had to admit that I really liked the front touch pad, the buttons clearly indicate which programme to choose and it easily wiped over.

The blender is lightweight but this is helped along by the rubber feet, when the blender is in use the rubber feet help secure it.

The cord stores away tidily which is an asset.

My sister did a test run and put some yoghurt, sliced apple and pear and just a few raspberries in to make a fruit smoothie, the goblet is large at 1.5 litre capacity. The lid has a safety locking system, so after securing the lid she then set the blender to the `Smoothie` function and started the motor, it has a soft start the blades start slowly which gives better overall control of the blender.

The blades worked ...

• Breville BL 19 Intelligent blender
      their way well through the chopped fruit, after a minute or two there were just small pieces of apple left, so she `pulsed` the smoothie. I have a pulse function on my Kenwood blender and it comes in really useful. She then put some ice into the smoothie and the blender demolished the ice with ease.

The overall result was good, a good Fruit Smoothie. The blender then had to be cleaned out, so first time around for cleaning and my sister just washed it all out in soapy water , rinsed it off and

then let it drain. The base wiped clean with a damp cloth. But the blades are fairly hard to detach, you would have to be really careful taking them out. so it may well be that for the biggest part of the time you wash out well and then once in a while you remove the blades carefully and wash them and also the blender part that sits underneath the blade.

Overall the blender is good, it maybe just lacks a little with that plastic goblet and the hard to detach blades, but it is highly efficient at doing its job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531112534540831/k2311a1211/12.11.08