Shep Dog Biscuits  » Pets  »
  • The reason I like these biscuits is that a 26 oz package retails for only 99 cents
  • That is definitely the least expensive place I have seen dog biscuits
  • I think a comparable package at Walmart would be around 3.99

• by snowy

Shep dog biscuits are sold primarily at Aldi’s. The reason I like these biscuits is that a 26 oz package retails for only 99 cents. That is definitely the least expensive place I have seen dog biscuits. I think a comparable package at Walmart would be around 3.99.

Pets seem to like these biscuits. I wouldn’t say they are my dogs favorite biscuits but he will eat them. They

come in a medium size but they could always be broken in half for small dogs, or doubled up for larger dogs

The ingredients on these biscuits are pretty standard. They have 15 percent of crude protein, 5 percent of Crude Fat, 3.5 percent of Crude Fiber, and have 12 percent moisture. They make a nice snack for a dog and have around 34 calories per biscuit. They come ...

• in one flavor. So that they are pretty standard.

They do have wheat flour and rice bran in them so if your dog is allergic to wheat or rice you might not want to use them. The biscuits also have a number of minerals such as copper and zinc in them so they make a nice supplement for your dog. They also have calcium, and vitamin E so they

are not an unhealthy snack.

They are veternarian approved and work to freshen teeth and breath and to keep your dog healthy. I’m not sure where they are made but they are distributed by Aldi’s in Illinois and have a double guarantee on the product in other words, double your money back if you are not satisfied. You can’t beat a guarantee like that. I give Shep Dog Biscuits high marks.

drdintn says :

With all the sickness deaths from animal foods treats, I am leery of any pet products. My dog prefers Aldi’s Shep dog biscuits over the very expensive ones that should be good for him, with all sorts of healthy real foods in them.

I wonder, too, where they are MADE FROM WHERE THE INGREDIENTS COME DO NOT ASSUME THAT THEY ARE MADE IN BATAVIA IL ALDI IS A GERMAN CORPORATION

NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING AS YOU WILL BE WRONG

For instance, I wrote Del Monte to ask about their PUP-PERONI’S… they said that they were manufactured here in the USA, but that they DID IMPORT INGREDIENTS THAT WERE NOT AVAILABLE HERE IN THE USA FROM SEVERAL DIFFERENT COUNTRIES INCLUDING CHINA My reply was to ask WHAT INGREDIENTS COULD CHINA POSSIBLY HAVE THAT WE DIDN’T WHATEVER THEY WERE, TO LEAVE THEM OUT

THEY ARE KILLING OUR PETS.

Then I noticed for the FIRST TIME, that Shep’s dog biscuits say, TO WASH HANDS THOROUGHLY AFTER HANDLING ANY PET FOOD

My thoughts are THIS… If my animals can eat it, then I should be able to eat it as well, even IF I didn’t want to. (Makes me very suspicious )

I am a Veterinarian… even the so-called high quality foods that are even sold by vets have had serious issues. Wish I could give you the list now, but BENEFUL IS KILLING DOGS NOW…. for many years, it was okay.

Del Monte, Purina, Hill’s, I believe??, Iams?, so many others have ingredients from China if you would view the videos from China… how many of it’s own people are dying from the toxins contaminants… then they are sending these to our country to add to our PET FOODS OUR OWN FOODS… OMG

ted moran says :

where are shep dog bones made?

snowy22315 replies :

They just state they are distributed by Aldi`s in Batavia Illinois. They may be manufactured there as well.

Melanie Noell says :

It’s unfortunately very difficult to read the labels on pet foods the way you might for your own food because in order to give it the shape and density, chemicals need to be added to the foods. I have tried several times to look over ingredients, but unfortunately, I can’t even pronounce most of these items. I have however heard of several natural foods diets that utilize people food. There are websites dedicated to publishing recipes, and as a vet (or for everyone else, by going to a vet) you can check if the meals give proper nutrition. I unfortunately cannot afford to feed my dogs a diet like this full-time, but I do try to give them a meal a week or so.

dawn says :

I just want to let people know that Shep dog biscuits are not what you might think. I just went to get my dogs a treat and guess what I found. The container was filled with bugs. When I bought the treats I put them in a plastic bag. Then as with all the other treats I put them in a Tupperware container. I am very disgusted at this. no further explanation is needed.

Tori says :

That’s horrifying. Thank you for sharing this information. I certainly hope this is an isolated case and not something that is seen frequently. Have others had similar problems? Were there any holes in the bag where bugs might have chewed through. Very curious to know more about this.

Best,

T.

Pj says :

I had bought the SHEP Sausage treats and within 5 minutes my first dog out of four was puking. Then another 20 minutes my two little Chihuahuas had severe diarrhea. My fourth dog after an hour had thrown up the treats.

judith meiron says :

My dog loves the SHEP sausage treats (in fact the only treat she will eat)….Now, I can no longer find them. WHERE can I buy them???

Scarlett says :

I actually prefer making my own treats. Seeing all these recalls on pet foods and treats, I rather know what my dog is eating instead of question it. If you cant pronounce the ingredient you shouldn’t eat it

Tori says :

This is not at all true. Your ability to pronounce an ingredient has no bearing whatsoever on whether it’s good for you. The logic behind this is not solid. Check out Science Babe’s blog for more information on this “don’t eat what you can’t pronounce” movement and why it’s not founded on any sort of evidence.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291112534300831/k2311a1211/12.11.08