Jet Tec ink jet refill kit  » Other  »
1.0
  • I recently bought the Jet Tec ink jet all purpose color refill kit because I thought I was saving myself a few bucks by refilling my ink cartridegs instead of spending almost double on the cartridges that I'm supposed to get for my printer

• by mariamaria

I recently bought the Jet Tec ink jet all purpose color refill kit because I thought I was saving myself a few bucks by refilling my ink cartridegs instead of spending almost double on the cartridges that I’m supposed to get for my printer. I have a Brother printer and the front of the Jet Tec kit said it was compatible with Brother; I thought to myself all smug that I’d get out of this cheaply and laugh at Brother for thier high prices on thier ink cartridges.

So, I open the kit and read the directions like a good doobie and go to the Brother section; the directions are sectioned off into each printer manufacturer.

About halfway through reading the directions and

after already drilling a hole in the cartridge like it said to, it dawns on me that this isn’t the correct Brother cartridge like in the picture.

I’m angry because I already drilled a hole in the cartridge and I’m angry because the front of the package says it’s compatable with Brother printers.

So, me being ticked off goes to the Jet Tec website, follows a few pages and gets to my model of Brother printer only to find out that my model and about all but 3 models of Brother printers are not compatible with this ink refill kit.

I’m thinking, but hey, the front of the package says it’s compatible with Brother printers doesn’t it? They should specify or make ...

• clear on the front or at least the back of the package that only a few select models, like ancient ones that no one even has anymore, are compatible with this kit.

I’ve always stayed away from these quick fix ink cartridge refill kits because I thought they were junk like almost everything you see on late night television, and I was right.

I mean think about it, if Brother, or any other printer manufactuer had easy ways for you to refill the cartridges than they would sell them themselves.

If you can’t afford to buy the correct cartridges or at least discount brand compatible ones; there are great websites to find discount ink cartridges for your printer and they offer free shipping to boot, than

don’t think your going to go to Staples or Walmart and buy a do-it-yourself kit and save money because you’ll end up with either non-compatable ancient kits or you’ll make a mess drilling the darn holes.

I found a great website 123inkjet.

com and for $23 I can get all Three color ink cartridges and Two Black ones for my Brother printer as oppossed to the $19 I wasted on the Jet Tec do it yourself refill messy kit.

Don’t do it, don’t waste your money, get what you need and find ways to find it cheaply.

I’m angry that this Jet Tec kit is not more specific but than again, none of them at the store were and in my book they are all a waste of time and money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121112534190731/k2311a1211/12.11.08