L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-blendable powder
  • I think it might be good if you have normal skin, not so nice for us with oily or combination skin

• by porcelainheart

For me, finding a good powder is possibly the hardest thing to do. My skin is fair and it is impossible to find a shade that is light enough for my face. I usually end up looking like I have been tanning my face and the rest of my body is unnaturally pale. So annoying.

I would love to say that this L’Oréal powder is perfect for me, but sadly, the shade is not right. I have it in Golden Beige, which is the lightest shade you can get around here (there might be something lighter, I am not sure). The coverage it gives is light to medium,

I use it over liquid foundation, so it looks matte and does not shine. It looks really great at night time, covers up your imperfections and your skin will look great in artificial lightning, but in daytime or in the sun, it is not so good. It might get streaky and show your redmarks and basically every change in the texture of your skin. I also do not think it stays on very well as at the end of the day, my face is quite shiny as if the powder had rubbed off and exposed the foundation underneath. Overall, this product is not right for me. But ...

• it does look great on my friend with really nice skin, it really compliments her face. I think it might be good if you have normal skin, not so nice for us with oily or combination skin. The packaging is a round compact that just about fits in your palm. It has a silver lining and has two parts when you open it. Under the powder, there is a space for a sponge, which comes with the product (it is actually quite a nice sponge and makes the powder go on nice!). There is also a small mirror under there. I must compliment the hinges on this
        thingy, because they are usually the first thing to get broken on a product and I have not had any problems with these.

From all the products I have tried, I think this is one of the best powders, even though far from perfect for my problematic skin. Since it is not very expensive, I would reccomend for you to try it, because apparently, it is the perfect powder compact for so many people. Seriously, half of the girls in my class swear by this thing! But watch out for the tricky shades pale girls like me will probably find it way too dark and unnatural for their liking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311012534120131/k2311a1210/12.10.08