CSE Computer Service Center
Kaliurang Street Km14,5, Sleman, D.I. Jogjakarta, Indonesia

• by st_hart

Sometime the PC in my office got a problem. It couldn’t perform booting. That was really a big problem, because we mostly depend on the computer to do our works. All data and files are saved there as we occupy it as the server in our office. My friend and I tried our best to fix it without any good result. So we decided to bring it to a computer service center for repair.

As we had neither experiences nor information about where the good service center to go is, we just went to the nearest one. It was CSE Computer Service Center (we have no idea what CSE stands for). A costumer service officer accept it, made a receipt, gave it to me and ask me to leave it there. It would be

fixed in the late afternoon (we submitted it in the morning).

At the promised time he called me, saying that he found the problems . First, the IC buffer for processor was broken and he fixed it already. It cost IDR 125,000 for the spare part and IDR 25,000 for service fee. He said further that everything was OK and he was reinstalling the Windows. The next 15 minutes he called me again, saying that the processor (AMD Sempron 2800) was also broken and he offer his processor with lower spec (used AMD Sempron 2500) for “only” IDR 250,000. I said I would discuss it with my friend first. The next 15 minutes he called me for the third time informing that the RAM was also broken!

So we decided to take the PC ...

• despite its condition. We asked why the processor and the RAM are broken. He said that it is because of the unstable electric current from the broken IC buffer. Because we are not familiar with computer hardware, we just believed it and pay the bill.

We visited another computer service center named ASC (I also have no idea what it stands for), which also sells computer spare parts and peripheral. We found out about AMD Sempron 2800 socket 754; the price is only IDR 165,000.00 - much cheaper than the CSE’s. The costumer service suggested us to check the computer first before buying the processor to find out if the old one is really broken. We did it accordingly. (Regarding the RAM, we brought it to the seller for replacement, and we got the

new one).

After waiting for 3 days, they finished repairing it and called me to take it. They informed that the processor is fine. It is the BIOS which couldn’t recognize the processor, and they installed the new one. It cost only IDR 15,000.

So, what actually happened? The actual problem was that our BIOS didn’t work. So, CSE reinstalled it…replaced it with the older one. It made the BIOS couldn’t recognize our processor, Sempron 2800. It could only recognize the older version, Sempron 2500 which CSE offered. I was really angry with the fact that they try to sell me the processor with the dirty trick. I even suspect that the IC buffer they fixed is not actually broken.

Well, that is a really valuable experience for us to be more careful next time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411012534070131/k2311a1210/12.10.08