Purina’s Healthful Life Cat Chow
  • On the bag it describes itself as Delicious Real Salmon & Chicken Plus An Added Natural Fiber Blend, Accented With Garden Greens, Cranberries, Carrots & Cheese Goodness, no wonder my cats love it, sounds good enough for a person to eat

• by Melanie Neer

I happened to be owned by two very fussy felines, named Pyewacket and Kissy. To put it mildly they are pampered and spoiled and refuse to eat cheaper brands of any kind of pet food. They pretty much stick to the same kind of pet food all the time, whether it’s moist canned food or dry food. Every once in awhile though, I try something different for them

and usually when I’m lucky enough to get a coupon. In this case, one time I went directly to the Purina website, where at the time they were offering a $1.50 off for a 3-lb bag of their Healthful Life Balance Cat Chow.

When I got the coupon I went to my local Duane Reade, the only store to carry this type of dry food, and cringed at ...

• the price, $8.99, and even though I had the coupon was admittedly hesitant in buying it as I didn’t know if my two fussy cats would even like it. I took the chance and bought it anyway, and was amazed at how much my cats loved it. In fact, now it’s just one of the brands of cat dry food I get regularly.

On the bag it describes

itself as “Delicious Real Salmon & Chicken Plus An Added Natural Fiber Blend, Accented With Garden Greens, Cranberries, Carrots & Cheese” Goodness, no wonder my cats love it, sounds good enough for a person to eat.

I’ve always trusted the Purina brand of pets foods as they have always satisfied my cats, and now I have added one more Purina product to my list of foods I buy for my two cats.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291012533910131/k2311a1210/12.10.08