Duke Energy  » Business  »
Cincinnati, Ohio
  • I will say that my gas was pretty expensive and I learned that when the woman from the company was there, she turned the automatic thermostat on and my heater was kicking in at various times of the night, when I didn't need it running

• by Julianne Jones

Duke Energy is a company that I’ve used twice in my life. I previously used the company when I lived in southern Indiana and they served that part of the country as well as Kentucky. I recently moved to Franklin, Ohio which is fairly close to Dayton. Dayton is served by a different company than Cincinnati and it turns out that Duke Energy serves Franklin as well. The apartment I moved into has both gas and electric so I was worried about the gas and power company. Duke Energy though doesn’t only provide electric, but they’re also my gas company.

I talked to a friend who lived in the building and he said that he had to pay a pretty large deposit before the company turned on the electric in his apartment. I called and they asked for my social security number and told me that I didn’t have to pay the deposit because I was a previous customer with good standing. That surprised me because I was late on my payments at least once and hadn’t been a customer for almost two years. They promised to come out the following day between noon and three pm to turn on ...

• the electric and gas.

I ended up sitting inside my apartment without any electric for over two hours because it was nearly three by the time they finally showed up to turn everything on. The woman working for Duke was pretty nice though she wasn’t exactly sure where to find everything in my apartment. She also made me do a few things on my own because legally and according to the rules of the company, she couldn’t do it. She had to light the pilot lights on both the water heater and the heater in the apartment as well as

turn on the power.

When I got my first bill, the electric and gas are both clearly listed on one bill, which I really like. I will say that my gas was pretty expensive and I learned that when the woman from the company was there, she turned the automatic thermostat on and my heater was kicking in at various times of the night, when I didn’t need it running. Needless to say, I got that fixed and my next bill was much less. So far I haven’t had any problems with Duke Energy and they’ve been very helpful when I needed it.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41812533380431/k2311a128/12.8.08