Star Trek Generations: Love and Hated it
  • I just saw Star Trek Generations on Cable last night and I was telling my husband how much I love and hate the movie
  • I thought the idea of ending the orginal series cast story and beings in the Next Generation cast was a good start
  • You at least had some idea of what happened to some of the orginal series characters, like Scotty, Kirk, etc. When I saw this movie the first time, I was a little disappointed when I didn't see Spock or Bones
  • I think Deforest Kelly, Bones, was dead by then anyway

• by sarahdragon26

Ok. I just saw Star Trek Generations on Cable last night and I was telling my husband how much I love and hate the movie. I’m a big Star Trek fan, hands down. I’ve seen all of the orginal Star Trek movies and Next Generations movies hundreds of time, but my husband is the expert when it comes to the Next Generation series.

That’s what he loves. The reason why I love this movie. I thought the idea of ending the orginal series cast story and beings

in the Next Generation cast was a good start.

You at least had some idea of what happened to some of the orginal series characters, like Scotty, Kirk, etc. When I saw this movie the first time, I was a little disappointed when I didn’t see Spock or Bones. I think Deforest Kelly, Bones, was dead by then anyway.

And we all saw Spock make his return in a two part epsiode of Next Generation, which I loved. Always loved Spock’s character. I can’t list everything about ...

• the movie that was great, just the stuff that sticks out at me right now.

What I hated about this movie was HOW THEY KILLED KIRK! Ok, James T. Kirk was not my favorite character. Sometimes, he even got on my nerves, but I didn’t want to see him meet this end like this.

Falling with the piece of catwalk wasn’t so bad, but I would have liked to see Picard take Kirk’s body to Starfleet for a proper funeral. Prehaps leaving him on that planet still

preserved the fact that he had died saving the Enterprise B, but it still bugged me. I had my husband laughing on how many times I said that I hated the way they ended it.

Funny this is, I can’t remember if there were actually plans to make more Next Generation movies when this one came out. I’m sure someone will tell they did, but I can’t remember. On whether or not I will watch it again, of coarse I will.

It is a classic. It’s Star Trek.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11812533300431/k2311a128/12.8.08