The Last Man on Earth  » Movies  »
  • Seeing the movies together is a completely odd experience because both are completely different
  • I thought this movie was pretty good, especially considering how many people I knew who hated it or just didn't like it
  • I loved the way he was able to carry it off and the fact that I never really noticed the lack of other characters

• by Julianne Jones

The Last Man on Earth is an old black and white movie based on the Richard Matheson short story “I Am Legend” as is the Will Smith movie by the same name. Seeing the movies together is a completely odd experience because both are completely different.

In this movie horror legend Vincent Price plays

Robert, the last man on earth after a disease turned everyone else into vampires.

They take the old fashioned approach to the vampires, making them scared of mirrors and unable to be around garlic, which makes it a little humorous.

He has a small dog for a short period of time and even has ...

• a woman in his life.

In the end though he loses his title before he can save everyone else with the cure he discovered.

I thought this movie was pretty good, especially considering how many people I knew who hated it or just didn’t like it.

Price is at his best as always, seemingly

oblivious to the fact that he’s mainly by himself for much of the movie.

I loved the way he was able to carry it off and the fact that I never really noticed the lack of other characters.

My only complaint is the dog because it seems pointless to the rest of the movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11812533270431/k2311a128/12.8.08