House on Haunted Hill Movie
2.5
  • I'm actually a big fan of the remake and I think Vincent Price was a phenomenal actor, but I just never got around to seeing the original movie

• by Julianne Jones

The original House on Haunted Hill was a movie that I’ve wanted to see for a long time. I’m actually a big fan of the remake and I think Vincent Price was a phenomenal actor, but I just never got around

to seeing the original movie.

The original has six people coming to a haunted house at the behest of Price, playing a millionaire.

If they make it through the entire night they’ll walk away with $10,000 each and if anyone else leaves, they divide the money by those remaining the next morning.

Once the night stars though they learn the house really is haunted and there’s no way they can escape.

It’s funny to me that this is considered a horror movie ...

• House on Haunted Hill Movie
      because it’s really more of a suspense film.

The millionaire and his wife are actually trying to kill each other and that’s the real focus of the movie, rather than the haunting.

Actually there really isn’t any proof that the house

is haunted because all of the scary things are done by Price or the woman playing his wife.

Still this is a very good suspense movie and I’m not surprised that they decided to remake it.

It’s Price at his ghoulish best.

John Roberts says :

I have seen House on Haunted Hill and agree Vincent Price was at his best. Far better than the 1999 remake with Geoffrey Rush.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11812533250431/k2311a128/12.8.08