Mimic Movie  » Movies  »
  • I know a lot of people have seen the movie and hated because it's not the greatest, but I actually do like it

• by Julianne Jones

Mimic is a truly great/bad sci-fi movie. I still remember seeing it for the first time when it was in the theaters and I loved it even then.

I know a lot of people have seen the movie and hated because it’s not

the greatest, but I actually do like it.

Mira Sorvino stars as a bug specialist who helped the city of New York clean up a major disease caused by bugs.

Josh Brolin plays a police officer investigating a series of weird deaths and the possible outbreak of a new disease.

Some new type of bug is running loose in the city and mimicking its prey, which just happens to be human.

Sorvino must find out how to stop the disease by discovering how to stop the ...

• Mimic Movie
      bugs.

I admit that the movie is highly improbable.

There’s no way that a bug could grow to be the size of a human, let alone walk around town unnoticed in a hat and trench coat.

However that’s what makes the movie fun.

I also don’t like that Brolin’s character just kind of disappears from the movie without an explanation.

At the same time though, this movie is funny when it’s not trying to be and generally just a goofy movie that you can watch time and time again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11812533110431/k2311a128/12.8.08