Super 8 Motel Englewood, Ohio  » Hotels  »
2.0
15 Rockridge Road Englewood, Ohio
  • I was pretty disappointed to find out that the hotel was undergoing quite a bit of construction and they hadn't advertised this fact
  • It was definitely a pain considering how far we had to walk

• by Julianne Jones

I’ve lived near the Englewood area for a number of years, but never had an excuse to actually stay in one of the many hotels in the area. My parents live about 30 minutes away from there, which means that when I need to go to Englewood I tend to just stay with them. However I recently had the chance to stay there for myself because I traveled back to town with my boyfriend. We were attending an event in the area and thought it was better for us to stay together at a hotel then to stay with my parents. After looking at some of the hotels

in the area, we picked the Super 8 because we’ve stayed in them before and knew that we had good luck with the chain before in the past.

I made the reservation online and drove to the hotel on a Monday night. When we checked in, we had to wait several minutes for anyone to even appear in the lobby, despite the fact that I rang the bell. The owner of the hotel was there and we didn’t realize that this was one of their franchises as opposed to one of their real hotels. The owner was fairly nice, but he seemed pretty distracted and basically just scanned ...

• my credit card, gave us a key and shoved us out the door.

I was pretty disappointed to find out that the hotel was undergoing quite a bit of construction and they hadn’t advertised this fact. It limited the amount of parking because there were so many tools and trucks around. We got a room on the backside of the building and we had to park quite a bit away because they didn’t have any parking at all on that side of the building. It was definitely a pain considering how far we had to walk. There was also a lot of shattered glass in the parking lot

from a bunch of broken beer bottles that we had to walk over. When we left two days later, the broken glass was still there, which shows how little they take care of the hotel.

Inside our room it became clear that the hotel needs an upgrade pretty badly. There were stains and cigarette burns in the comforter and the paint was peeling. We also had to walk all the way around the hotel to find an ice machine and we had to put all of our drinks and food in the bathroom sink. The water pressure and clean bathroom was about the only thing worthwhile in this hotel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712532720931/k2311a127/12.7.08