Balsam Color by Clairol  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought a box of Balsam Color a week ago and was pleasantly surprised
  • In place of the baggie-type gloves I found heavy duty rubber gloves, like the ones that can be found in the higher end dyes
  • I recommend that if you are tight on money and need a dye, try this one again

• by Dana Lynn P.

I have been dying my hair since I was 13 years old. I have tried many different brands and types. My hair has been anywhere from blue-black to platinum blonde in the past 16 years.

There are a couple of different hair dyes on the market that are really inexpensive. I would only use these when I had no

money and my roots were in dire need of being touched up. You can pick these up for under $4 a box.

One of these dyes is Balsam Color by Clairol. I bought a box of Balsam Color a week ago and was pleasantly surprised. They had re-vamped the product since I last used it. In place of ...

• the baggie-type gloves I found heavy duty rubber gloves, like the ones that can be found in the higher end dyes.

Also, there was a tube of nice smelling color locking conditioner. This is a new addition. One of the things I didn’t like about using this kind of dye was that my hair would smell terrible after dying it.

This time it was left with a pleasant scent and my scalp didn’t feel tight and dry like it used to with this product.

I recommend that if you are tight on money and need a dye, try this one again. I was much happier with Balsam Color since they changed just a couple of things. It really did make a difference!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31712532250831/k2311a127/12.7.08