Movie Becoming Jane
  • The movie stars one of my favorite actors, James McAvoy - whom I think is quite yummy
  • It wasn't as deep as I thought it would be
  • In fact, despite some serious events taking place in the movie, I found it to be a light film overall

• by Famous

Again, someone got me to watch this period film about Jane Austen. The movie stars one of my favorite actors, James McAvoy - whom I think is quite yummy. The movie also features Anne Hathway as Jane Austen.

The film follows her life

as a burgeoning writer, and the love affair that she had with a man named Thomas (McAvoy. ) The movie was quite amusing and touching.

It wasn’t as deep as I thought it would be. In fact, despite some serious events taking place in the movie, I found it to be a light film overall.

This was kind of a relief, as I’d recently watched another period film that had lots of heavy undertones. I am always interested to see which approach film directors will take when they tackles stories ...

• Movie Becoming Jane
      that take place prior to the 20th century.

Anne Hathaway was pretty good in this. But I have the feeling that another actress could have pulled this off a little better.

At times, Hathaway’s accent failed her. And I wasn’t really

feeling the complete chemistry between the two actors.

Perhaps a woman who is just as accessible, but more authentic could have played this role a little better. You should watch this movie, if you like historical period films.

I found it interesting, but not riveting.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11712532220831/k2311a127/12.7.08