The Other Boleyn Girl movie  » Movies  »
  • I typically find them boring, tedious, and kind of silly
  • So, I was very intrigued to realize that there was an entire story world filled with interesting tidbits

• by Famous

I don’t ordinarily enjoy period films. I typically find them boring, tedious, and kind of silly. Plus, there is usually very little that I can relate to in them.

But when a relative told me to give “The Other Boleyn Girl” a chance, I obliged. The story is basically about the love affairs taking place between King Henry VIII, and both

Boleyn sisters, Mary and Anne.

The gist of the film is that Anne is called upon to “entertain” the king. But for some reason, he didn’t really take to her personality at first.

He then set his eyes upon her beautiful blonde sister Mary (played by Scarlett Johannsen. ) However, Mary has already married and while she was jealous that Anne had initially been ...

• chosen, she was a bit apprehensive about getting involved.

What I discovered about this time period is that these kinds of transactions often took place to further one’s political gain in the country. So there were all sorts of reasons why infidelity and other “questionable” practices were customary during this time.

In any case, the story was historical. So, I was very intrigued

to realize that there was an entire story world filled with interesting tidbits.

Usually, these kinds of films are kind of boring to me. But I really liked this movie.

If you like period movies that are a bit racy, and have good dialogue and action, you will like this movie. Both Natalie Portman (Anne) and Scarlett Johannsen did a great job on this one.

The Other Boleyn Girl movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11712532180831/k2311a127/12.7.08