KIA SPECTRA  » Cars  »
  • I believe perhaps the earlier models were not as well made
  • I have previously rented a Chevy Cobalt, and was impressed with how that car handled
  • I notice that the pick-up on the highway is excellent too
  • What I don't like about this car, is the flimsiness of it overall
  • So, I wouldn't recommend actually purchasing this car, unless it's [used] program car being sold for a cheaper price

• by Famous
      I tend to rent cars frequently, and this go around, ended up with a steel gray, 2004 Kia Spectra. I have been leery for a long time about the Kia reputation, as I’ve heard they have a tendency to break down. I believe perhaps the earlier models were not as well made.

At any rate, I rented this car, and was so surprised at how fast it is! I have previously rented a Chevy Cobalt, and was impressed

with how that car handled. But the Kia Spectra (2004) is way faster than the Cobalt.

Upon tapping on the accelerator, this little car simply took off. I notice that the pick-up on the highway is excellent too.

As for room, it’s a compact car. So compact is what you’re going to get.

For long drives it’s pretty comfortable. And the automatic features (windows, etc.

) are pretty standard. The stereo system (as I tend ...

• to be picky about stereo systems) is actually pretty good.

The bass isn’t too heavy, but the sound is generally crisp and clear. What I don’t like about this car, is the flimsiness of it overall.

When there are light winds outside, this car tends to “drift” on the highway, as it’s very lightweight. The Spectra handles quite well around curves.

But because the car doesn’t feel sturdy, I’d recommend not taking curves too quickly, as the

body of this car seems “tall” for its small frame. All in all, I’d recommend this car as a comfortable and efficient rental.

The MPG are reasonable, especially in light of the high gas prices. A brand new Kia Spectra will set you back at least $15K.

So, I wouldn’t recommend actually purchasing this car, unless it’s [used] program car being sold for a cheaper price. $15,000+ just seems like too much money to pay for a Kia.

KIA SPECTRA

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 950553210431/k2311a055/5.5.06