Telkom SA telecommunications services  » General services  »
2.0
South Africa
  • Over the years, my experience with Telkom's services has not been one to particularly write home about and I have it on good ground that I am not the only customer who shares this sentiment
  • For years and years, Telkom has been monopolizing the fixed line telecommunication services of South Africa and I think it is this mere fact that gave them leverage to deliver poor services as they knew that they were the only telecommunications company operating in the country, so even if we are to get poor services, we would still have no other options
  • I reported this fact to Telkom and they took a very long time to eventually get somebody on the problem

• by Jscribe

Over the years, my experience with Telkom’s services has not been one to particularly write home about and I have it on good ground that I am not the only customer who shares this sentiment.

poor services, we would still have no other options.

On one particular occasion the overhead telephone wires had burned in a field fire and my landline, along with those of my neighbors, was dead. I reported this fact to Telkom and they took a very long time to eventually get somebody on the problem.

After I had reported the problem and as I was doing follow ups to find out when exactly they were going to fix the problem, I got a whole lot of stories from them, and ...

• I generally found that they try to magnify the problem and make it seem as if it is bigger than what it really is and if one does not have any technical background, they will find themselves confused by all these window dressing terms and will wait a very long time.

Fortunately for me I have a little bit of technical background and I was quick to let them know as well as point out exactly what the fault is. I find that this is one of the

only ways to get them to fix the problem, otherwise, one will wait forever.

I am happy about the fact that there is now a new telecommunications company, Neotel, which is now operational in the major cities of South Africa, and they have a fixed line license so this will be great competition for Telkom.

In my humble opinion, if I had the funds right now to make the transition from Telkom to Neotel, I would do it in a heartbeat, as I hear their rates are much cheaper than Telkom’s rates.

Internatiional Cheap Calls says :

If you do not wish to receive any marketing, you can deregister your telephone number by contacting us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 25612531900531/k2311a126/12.6.08