Bonita’s Medical Aid
  • Although I am still under this medical aid scheme, I now have to pay for it myself and sometimes I really feel as if I am hard done by, although I think I should lay most of the blame on the private medical practices which I choose to use

• by Jscribe

With the recent medicine selling prices regulation in the country, many medical aid schemes have been suffering and they have shifted the effects onto their clients, people like us, the beneficiaries.

I have been under my father’s medical aid scheme, the standard option of the Bonita’s Medical Aid scheme and up to so far I have had mixed experiences with their services.

I am hard done by, although I think I should lay most of the blame on the private medical practices which I choose to use.

While this medical aid scheme helps me a lot for a relatively high price, sometimes I wonder if I could be better off without it. There are occasions on which I get some medical treatment and medicine, and the consultancy fee is covered but some of the most basic medicines are not, requiring me to have to fork out more ...

• money and pay the outstanding balance. I could take this if it happens once in a while but it is becoming a more frequent thing and that is really starting to irritate me and gets me questioning weather I really need the medical aid or not, or maybe think about changing to another one.

The only security I get out of the Bonita’s Medical Aid Scheme is that I am accepted for consultation and treatment wherever I go, and that is excellent, but the little irritating

factor of having to pay some extra money out of my own pocket is what gets to me.

It is very useful for me when I am in serious emergency situations and I really feel as if this is the only reason that I am still sticking it out with the Bonita’s Medical Aid Scheme. Since I have never used any other medical aid scheme, I do not know how they compare so I think it is the safest option for me to stick it out with Bonita’s.

Rea Winter says :

need to find out about your schemes and what you offer on your medical aid

hannes says :

Need a quote on medical aid for 2 adults ages 31 and 29 and 3 kids ages 7 5 and 3 months?

Marcelle says :

Hi i need to know how much it will cost for myself husband and two sons will be on the hospital plan. Thanks

GILLIAN says :

Does Bonitas cover a gastric bypass surgery

Moshahio Khan says :

Just want to know if bonitas pay for gastric bypass surgery

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26612531740531/k2311a126/12.6.08