Roseanne Season One  » TV  »
  • The first season of Roseanne actually held up a lot better than I thought it would, especially considering that the show first aired almost two decades ago
  • It's still pretty funny and I think that it's a good season and better than some of the later seasons

• by Julianne Jones

The first season of Roseanne actually held up a lot better than I thought it would, especially considering that the show first aired almost two decades ago. I picked up the box set fairly cheap and ended up watching the whole season in one weekend because it was really that good.

The

first episode is a lot different than I remembered if only because there was another actor playing the son DJ.

I read somewhere that the first actor had some problems with other cast members and was replaced.

I’m glad they did that because I didn’t care too much for that kid.

The ...

• first season had some slow moments, mainly anything that took place in the factory.

During the first season Roseanne and Jackie worked at a plastics factory and whenever the show delved into their work life, I got a little bored.

The only good part was that their boss Booker was played by

a very young George Clooney, but even that had problems.

He had great chemistry with Jackie, but the two were never really together and then he was gone from the show without any real explanation.

It’s still pretty funny and I think that it’s a good season and better than some of the later seasons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10512531260431/k2311a125/12.5.08