The New Adventures of Old Christine Season 1  » TV  »
  • When I finally did buy it, I was also disappointed to learn that it was only a 2 disc set, but I decided to watch the whole season and see how it went
  • I thought it seemed like they sacrificed a great relationship just so they could make Christine miserable again and show that she was a kooky woman instead of an adult

• by Julianne Jones

The first season of the New Adventures of Old Christine was a really funny one though not as funny as I remembered. It took me quite awhile to buy the season on DVD because it’s fairly expensive for 15 episodes that are less than 30 minutes long.

When I finally did buy it, I was

also disappointed to learn that it was only a 2 disc set, but I decided to watch the whole season and see how it went.

There were truly some great moments in the show.

I especially loved when Christine was dating the Burton character, but I didn’t like the way they chose to end ...

• that relationship.

The two actors had great chemistry, but they ended the storyline after only three episodes.

I thought it seemed like they sacrificed a great relationship just so they could make Christine miserable again and show that she was a kooky woman instead of an adult.

I’m also not crazy about “new” Christine, the

ex-husband’s new girlfriend.

At times she was a complete idiot and then other times she was the perfect person.

There were also some continuity problems like the fact that the girlfriend met the son and then had to meet him again for the first time.

It’s funny, but not as funny as it could be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10512531250431/k2311a125/12.5.08