NASCAR Nationwide Race-Chicagoland 2008
  • Not only do I like the track, but I was also excited to see the first race under the lights
  • This was the inaugural night race and I thought it would be exciting
  • Unfortunately that was the only real excitement saw all night long
  • That makes for boring races that just seem to go on forever

• by Julianne Jones

I was looking forward to the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at the Chicagoland Speedway. Not only do I like the track, but I was also excited to see the first race under the lights.

During the off season the track installed lights and moved their race from the day to the night.

This

was the inaugural night race and I thought it would be exciting.

In the past NASCAR races have always had exciting night races, but this one came down to the same finish we’ve seen all year.

The very start of the race was exciting as Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart got into each ...

• other as soon as the flag dropped.

Unfortunately that was the only real excitement saw all night long.

When Kyle Busch got out in front, it was pretty much a done deal that he was going to walk away with the win.

I like Busch quite a lot, but I’m getting a little

tired of the dull and boring races.

We’re no longer seeing any last lap passes for the win or people getting into each other on the track.

That makes for boring races that just seem to go on forever.

I ended up watching the clock for the last 20 laps of the race.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 35512531240431/k2311a125/12.5.08