Tempra Paracetamol Syrup  » Medicine  »
1.5
  • When I opened the bottle and smelled the medicine, it was sickeningly sweet, but I thought that maybe it was just what it is
  • In my opinion, alcohol and medicine should not mix, I know some cough syrups also have alcohol content, but a medicine for infants definitely should not have alcohol
  • I think it would be better if we don't always allow our own beliefs or traditions to influence our choices in any product
  • I definitely would say that Tempra Drops/Syrup is not for babies, kids and teens

• by Giada

There are many medicines for fever but somehow we tend to buy or patronize the brands that we have been using for the longest time. In my case, fevers meant paracetamol rather than ibuprofen, moreover, I tend to use Tempra over other brands because it was what my mother gave me since I was a child. We adults can take the tablet form and it does not have any harmful content or side effect.

When I had my own child, and after a

round of immunization shots, my baby had fever later in the day. So I went and bought Tempra Drops for infants, I was feeling sure I made the right choice in buying Tempra.

When I opened the bottle and smelled the medicine, it was sickeningly sweet, but I thought that maybe it was just what it is. When I gave it to my baby, his face could not be drawn, he was gagging and he almost vomited.

I panicked and I could ...

• not let him take Tempra again. As I read the information packet, I realized that Tempra Drops had a small alcohol content.

In my opinion, alcohol and medicine should not mix, I know some cough syrups also have alcohol content, but a medicine for infants definitely should not have alcohol. I don’t know why the manufacturer of Tempra Drops used such formulation and whether the level of alcohol content was not harmful to babies.

Trying to find out though would be futile, and

there are maybe a dozen of paracetamols that does not contain alcohol. I think it would be better if we don’t always allow our own beliefs or traditions to influence our choices in any product.

We must be able to discern and know more about a product before buying it. And in case if you are like me, then simply throw away what does not work and find an alternative.

I definitely would say that Tempra Drops/Syrup is not for babies, kids and teens.

Mary Jane delos santos says :

what is the right dosage of paracetamol tempra syrup 250mg 5ml do i give to my 17 month old baby that has a weight of 8.6 kg?

John says :

You should give 10-15 mg per kg. So you would give 80 mg or 120 mg, for 10 and 15 mg respectively.

Galega says :

The maximum dose you can give to your baby is 65 mg per kg in 24 hours. 10 to 15 mg per kg is the ideal for a single dose, as mentioned above. It is better to take a middle path and give around 50 mg every 4 or 6 hours. It should not be given more than 5 times in a single day.

seth says :

my baby got G6PD, Is it ok to give him tempra drops?

Galega says :

Paracetamol is considered as a low risk medicine that can be given to a G6PD children. You can give Tempra Pracetamol to your baby.

rosemarie guisihan says :

its ok to take tempra forte for my 1 yearold baby?

Galega says :

Yes, you can give it to an one year old baby. You should give up to 50 mg per day (10 - 12 mg four times).

rosemarie guisihan says :

how many mL of tempra forte?

Galega says :

You can give 5 ml of Tempra Forte to your one year old baby. Adjust the amount according to the condition.

Lalaine says :

My daughter was 2years and 7moths how many dosage should i will be given to her in paracetamol tempra syrup her temperature is 37.6

Galega says :

You should give her 5 ml three times a day. If the fever persists then contact a doctor.

tess says :

my son got fever of 37.1 he is 17 months old now i gave 1.7 ml of tempra paracetamol 120 mg. is that ok?

Galega says :

Yes, that is OK. You can repeat it after 6 hours, if fever comes back. If he doesn’t get better within 2 days, then consult a pediatrician as he may need antibiotic medicine.

KITCHIE ARIOLA says :

IF THE 2 YEAR OLD BABY E TAKE PARACETAMOL SYRUP TEMPRA BEAUSE HAVE A FEVER,BUT AFTER THAT HE BAMMET OR SMUKA SYA.WHAT I WILL DO?HHE NEEDAGAIN TO TAKE AGAIN OR AFTER 6 HOURS AGAIN?

John says :

Yes, you should give it every 4-6 hours, as needed.

Galega says :

Repeat the dose every 4 hours for one day. I have mentioned the maximum dose above in a single day.

If the fever continues to return back even after 24 hours, it will be better to consult a pediatrician.

ellen says :

Hello my baby is 9mos old i dont know the weight but when she is 6mos hes weightis 7.6 kg. She has a fever i gave her paracetamol tempra 1.2ml every 4 hours. Am very worried she took 3 times of it. Any advice am so worried

Galega says :

There isn’t any problem with this dose. Why are you under stress? If the fever is gone, stop the dose. If it persists, consult a doctor.

As far as your choice for dose is concerned, it is good.

ace says :

How many mL of tempra forte should i give to my 10yo child?

Galega says :

You can give 7.5 ml in a single dose to a 10 year old child.

ace says :

Thank u.

aya says :

can an 8 month old baby be given tempra syrup and not drops? if yes, how much dosage?

John says :

Yes, it’s safe for children over 6 months. Children should take 10-15mg per kg of body weight. A dose should be given every 4-6 hours.

Galega says :

You can give Tempra Syrup or drop, whatever is convenient for you. Give around 50 mg every four hours. If the fever is still returning back even after administering six doses/24 hours, you should consult a pediatrician/child specialist doctor.

Raquel Piedad says :

after 6 hours giving a tempra pa racetamol, the temperature was normal and after 8 or 9 hour the fever comes back, what should i do? i will give again paracetamol coz the fever come back or continue to give every 6hrs in 24 hours even the temperature is normal?

Galega says :

It depends on the reason for which you are giving paracetamol (the reason behind fever). In any case, SOS is the most preferred prescription - give only when there is fever or body ache.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26512531200431/k2311a125/12.5.08