Cusinart toaster  » Housewares  »
  • I love my toast golden brown, I hate white toast
  • The cord has a very convenient wrap, hidden tidily out of sight
  • It doesn't have a timer or a defrost function or cool wall system, but I had no problem with that

• by Sarahjh2

My friend Cherry said to me “But a toaster is a toaster!”.. I laughed and said to her choosing a new toaster was really important to me. Anyway Cherry decided to join me and look at the Electrical stores on the Internet. I have been using the Internet shops quite a lot lately, you can choose when you want to shop, there are no queues and best of all you can have a cuppa while you shop! It cant be

bad!

Good old Ebay, always my first stop, I was determined to have a toaster with the retro look, its smart popular and up to date.

I had seen this Cusinart on the Amazon website, so I knew if all else failed it was there. I compared prices and Amazon came out on top at £26, so the toaster was ordered. Anyone who uses Amazon will know that the goods never take long to arrive, the toaster was no different.

It was a large, modern, good-looking piece of equipment in cast iron and brushed stainless steel. Two control knobs for two independent heating chambers (four slots) and two crumb trays.

The wide slots were just what I had been looking for, to toast bagels, crumpets and thick bakers bread.

A green back lit shade dial indicates your chosen toast setting, 1-6. I love my toast golden brown, I hate white toast! The slots were perfect to take my half a bagel. When ...

• Cusinart toaster
      I looked again at the slots they are about one and a half inches wide, so toasting a muffin wont be difficult either!

I was really pleased because it had the extra lift carriage levers, that saves sticking your fingers into the slots to get the toast out.

Because the toaster is new and shiny I couldn’t resist a little polish up after I had used it, I just buffed the casing up with a dry tea towel, it came

up great!

The crumb trays are easy to empty too, just slot them out CD style, empty them, wipe them and put them back in.

The cord has a very convenient wrap, hidden tidily out of sight.

It doesn’t have a timer or a defrost function or cool wall system, but I had no problem with that.

The four slot retro look toaster suited me down to the ground, basic functions were all there, along with a three year limited warranty.

A good value toaster to my way of thinking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53512530720331/k2311a125/12.5.08