Rietvlei Dam Nature Park  » Travel  »
St. George’s Park, Gauteng Province, South Africa
  • Mt visit there felt as if it was a bit of a waste for me as I love to travel and really feel the full wrath of the journey

• by Jscribe

As a really enthusiastic safari person I relish any opportunity to make a visit to a nature reserve, especially if I am going to spend quite a considerable amount of time there, so that I can explore everything there is to explore.

One such opportunity came when I discovered Rietvlei Dam Nature Park, which is not far from where I live and I was rather surprised to find out that I live neat a

nature reserve.

Mt visit there felt as if it was a bit of a waste for me as I love to travel and really feel the full wrath of the journey.

Apart from the fact that I was literally in my back yard, I had a memorable time at the Rietvlei Dam Nature Reserve with my family and this was quite a relaxing time for me in every sense of the word. It was a ...

• great family outing with lots of things to do and I love the fact that there is a resident dam on the reserve which adds a whole lot more activities to the whole experience, as well as some more animals that reside in the water like alligators.

I always love a safari trip in a jeep and the one we had at the Rietvlei Dam Nature Reserve was a special one for me as

I got the opportunity to take a picture with a python around my shoulders. This, along with other activities like barbeques, made my four night stay at the Rietvlei Dam Nature Park a great outing and I got the feeling that I had instantly found myself a new escape hole.

The pricing is also not bad at all and I find that it is cheaper during times which are not deemed to be holiday seasons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38512530560331/k2311a125/12.5.08