Opel Corsa 1.6i Sport
  • This is the car which I think gives meaning to the saying dynamite comes in small packages
  • I test drove this car, along with many others as a prospect of my first car purchase and I was so impressed that I almost bought it immediately, only to discover something just a little bit better by inches
  • I drove this car at sea level so I believe this to be one of the reasons of its great performance

• by Jscribe

This is the car which I think gives meaning to the saying “dynamite comes in small packages”. I test drove this car, along with many others as a prospect of my first car purchase and I was so impressed that I almost bought it immediately, only to discover something just a little bit better by inches.

This is a great small car and it has a lot

of bite and character as I really tested it to the limits in terms of all round performance, including speed.

The Opel Corsa 1.6 Sport is very good looking in mint condition and does not need much modification, I feel, and the only thing that I would modify is the sound system, which is not bad at all nonetheless.

I drove this car at sea level so I ...

• believe this to be one of the reasons of its great performance.

The handling is great as it goes exactly where I pointed the steering wheel and I liken this element to the likes of the Honda’s of this world.

Power is also something that surprised me significantly as I broke away from the rest of the cars comfortably from robots. In the open road however, the car

seems to be a bit unstable when I reached speeds of more than 160km/h, but this is not really a bad thing, I thought, as the speed limit in South Africa is only 120km/h anyway.

Fuel consumption was excellent and this is a feature I seem to find very frequently among all Opel Corsas.

A great compact little car which I think just falls short of the Opel Corsa GSI

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9512530540331/k2311a125/12.5.08