Samsung 22″ LCD TV
  • Having owned my TV for the best part of 7 years it was becoming a little embarrassing in my living room and I figured that it was about time I changed it
  • In this respect I think that the Samsung LCD TV was definitely one of my more inspired choices
  • It is large enough to be noticed but that the same time it is not too large
  • It is also white, which I found very unusual as I am typically used to seeing black TVs
  • The only downside is the sound, which in my opinion is too quiet

• by Lu

Having owned my TV for the best part of 7 years it was becoming a little embarrassing in my living room and I figured that it was about time I changed it. I was also getting a bit nervous with all this recent talk of “switchover” from analogue to digital broadcasting which I figured would leave me no choice but to either buy a digital decoder or replace the TV anyway, so I figured that there was no point putting off the inevitable.

I settled on a 22″ Samsung LCD Digital TV which set me back £350. In honesty this a much smaller size than I originally envisaged as, being a typical bloke, I figured that I should get the biggest TV which I could afford. But when I went

in to the shop I started to see things in a bit more of a practical light: my flat is not very big and my living room, whilst being a reasonable size, could end up being overpowered by a monstrosity of a TV in the corner. So I figured that I would get something smaller which would actually benefit and not overwhelm the living room.

In this respect I think that the Samsung LCD TV was definitely one of my more inspired choices. It is large enough to be noticed but that the same time it is not too large. It really does look fantastic and the slimness of the unit means that it demands minimal space. It is also white, which I found very unusual as I am ...

• typically used to seeing black TVs. In this respect I think that it looks original, and goes pretty well with my off-white walls.

I am also very impressed with the quality of the picture, which I think is very sharp. In terms of functions it has the usual sound and picture adjustments; I am sure that it offers a lot more but to be honest I am not too concerned about other features as it performs all of the tasks that I need it to do.

However, the one thing that lets down this TV is the sound quality. I think that it is very quiet, especially when I am watching films. I have played with the sound adjustments in order to find one which best suits, but still find

myself turning the volume sky high to provide a sound output which complements the quality of the picture. I am thinking that I might purchase a home cinema system to amplify the sound but would still expect a decent output from the TV on its own regardless.

I have awarded the Samsung 22″ LCD Digital TV a score of 7 out of 10. It is great to look at and has a crisp, clean picture. It is a reasonable price for a high quality TV (although granted, you can get bigger sizes made from less well-recognised models for the same price) and is great if you are not looking for something that will become the focal point of your living room. The only downside is the sound, which in my opinion is too quiet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16512530360331/k2311a125/12.5.08