Edo Tokyo Museum  » Travel  »
Ryogoku, Taito-ku, Tokyo

• by kin_kin

Since long time before, I interest to know about the old cultures of East Asia countries, both Chinese and Japanese culture. Before, I only could learn about its culture from the book and movie about those countries. Until i got a good chance to continue my study in Tokyo. By this chance, i could learn the Japanese culture from the main resources directly. One of favorite resources is Museum. There are many good museum in Tokyo. One of them is Edo-Tokyo Museum located in Ryogoku. Actually,Edo Tokyo museum is consists of two museums, the first is Edo-Tokyo

Museum in Ryogoku and another one is Tokyo Open Air Museum.

The Edo Tokyo Museum shows the complete history of Tokyo city from Edo period until the modern Tokyo period. I could see many things in that museum. As my Japanese language has not enough yet, I asked help for English volunteer guide provided by the museum. Not only English volunteer guide, museum also provides volunteer guide for several others non English language. It is really helpful for us who has limited Japanese ability.

The journey in Edo-Tokyo Museum started from the miniature of Shimbashi bridge.The guide explained ...

• the importance of this bridge in Edo period. The trip then continue to every part in this museum. The miniature and diorama in every section shows detail part of life in Edo time. I could felt as if I was in that time. I could saw how the carpenter life and the looks like of their house, the printing shop, the irrigation system, the firefighter system and many others part of life in edo era in the museum. I also could saw the complete Kabuki show stage and the beautifully kimono.

After finished the journey in the edo

part, the guide brings us to the Tokyo Part. In this part I could seen the development of Tokyo City since the modernization era. There are many pictures in there shows us about the situation in the Tokyo city in that time. The early time of the invention of the new technology was begun in Tokyo.

This museum fulfilled my curious about the Tokyo history. It was unforgettable trip for me. I took many pictures from every section I visited in the museum. I recommended this museum as the importance place to visit while your trip in Tokyo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38512530350331/k2311a125/12.5.08