Eastern Gardens of the Imperial Palace Tokyo  » Travel  »
Tokyo
  • The first visit to the Imperial Palace East Gardens was not really amazing for me
  • I little bit disappointed to my friend who recommended me, I said to her that what her described is not same which I saw in there
  • Later, I found that maybe I came there is the wrong session

• by kin_kin

The first visit to the Imperial Palace East Gardens was not really amazing for me. I little bit disappointed to my friend who recommended me, I said to her that what her described is not same which I saw in there.

Later, I found that maybe I came there is the wrong session. Maybe I did not see the real situation in the east garden because

some of part of the garden was under construction.

My opinion changed when I visited the garden for the second time. It was a spring season. It is the time when Sakura flowers bloom. It was really beautiful scenery. I went to there together with my university friend. We did hanami in there. Hanami is an activity doing by the Japanese people to enjoy the ...

• cherry blossoms. They usually bring some food for the hanami. During the cherry blossoms festival, the place such a this garden will crowded by many people who want to enjoy the cherry flower.

I walked around in the garden. I found an inner section of the garden. Water fall, Pond, fish and etc, in the inner garden make this section looks more traditionally than other part.

It is a beautifully scenery to enjoy. I found this garden is a suit place to take a peaceful walk. It is difference from others garden I have been in Tokyo. Generally, I see this garden more value because of its history than its attraction scenery. It is free to enter this garden while we must pay around 200 yen 500 yen for another garden.

Joana Puzon says :

The current Imperial Palace ( , K kyo) is located on the former site of Edo Castle, a large park area surrounded by moats and massive stone walls in the center of Tokyo, a short walk from Tokyo Station. It is the residence of Japan’s Imperial Family.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38512530320331/k2311a125/12.5.08