Electric Reindeer wine  » Food  »
  • There is a White Zinfandel, Merlot, Shiraz and I believe also a cabnernet
  • I like this wine because it has a catchy name and a picture of a reindeer on the label which makes it a nice wine to serve at the Holdidays
  • I have tried some of the other Electric Reindeer wine varieties and I think they are all good

• by snowy

I buy a certain type of wine each holiday season. The wine is called Electric Reindeer. I buy this at World Market. They have different types of the Electric Reindeer variety. There is a White Zinfandel, Merlot, Shiraz and I believe also a cabnernet.It is a versatile brand.

which makes it a nice wine to serve at the Holdidays. The type of wine I have now is the White Zinfadel version.

It is the least expensive of the wines retailing at just 3.99. Once again, I have only seen this wine at World Market.It may be available on the web as well however, or from the vinter.

It is a California wine. It has an ...

• 11 percent alcohol content, so it is a fairly light wine that can be served as is, or as an accompaniement to a meal. This wine is only available at the holiday times. It is bottled by the Electric Reindeer company, and is produced by the same company which is located in Santa Rosa, California.Santa Rosa produces some tasty wines.

I have tried some of the other

Electric Reindeer wine varieties and I think they are all good. I do typically buy the white zinafadel variety though, because it costs the least. I think if you are looking for a good tasting inexpensive wine to serve this holiday season you should consider the Electric Reindeer brand. You can’t go wrong for the price. Your guests will be amused by the brand. and enjoy the taste.

Terri says :

I buy this wine at World Market every year. This year it’s up to 5.99, but if you buy 4 bottles they give you 10% off. I love the white zinfadel, this year I’m trying the moscato. I’m not a fan of red wines, I have tried theirs but can’t make a review on it due to not liking any red. I wish this wine was offered at other times of the year but understand with the name why it’s not. I actually drive an hour to get this but it’s well worth it.

Tameka Peterson says :

I would like to still order Electric Reindeer wine. Can you tell me where i need to order it from store or on line ?

snowy replies :

I bought it from World Market. You could try online there and see if you could get it or they might be able to put you in touch with the manufacturer.

Laura G says :

thank you sooo much Snowy. I bought Electric Reindeer wine last Christmas and had the bottle sitting in my trunk this whole year to try and find it again. I LOVED it. I just couldn`t remember where I got it but now that you mentioned World Market that is probably where. Thanks for your help and happy holidays

Melanie Noell says :

I wonder at these prices, are these wines comparable in flavor and quality to more expensive wines? Say maybe $ 10-$ 15 bottles? I typically purchase wines around that price from the grocery store and have only tried one or two wines from World Market. It sounds inexpensive and of high quality.

Aleks says :

I’m not familiar with these particular wines, but in general I can assure you, that correlation between the price of the bottle and the quality of the wine is not straightforward.

The same as you, I also usually bought wine in the price range up to $ 20. Then I moved to Spain and had the opportunity to see and test the wine, that locals consume daily during centuries. To be short - it’s very tasty and very cheap. The same I experienced on the south of France. I also had the opportunity to talk to enologist (enology - the study of wine and the making of wine). He said me straightforward - wine makers can bottle cheap wine and sell it for the higher price. It’s legal. Why not, if consumers do pay.

Sure, sometimes there is an obvious difference between cheap and the higher priced wines. But once I had to put a bottle of $ 40 wine into the garbage, so disgusting it was.

Melanie Noell says :

I have definitely noticed this before. I bought about a $ 30 bottle of wine that didn’t compare to one of my favorites that was about $ 12. I do think that being in an area where wine production is common can help the pricing (you mentioned Spain and France) since when I visited the southern tip of South Africa, I found wine to be quite good and quite cheap as well. It’s a shame they can make poor-tasting wines and sell it for whatever price they choose

richard says :

If you’re looking for a good wine in the 10-15 range, try McManis Cabernet or Zinfandel. A great app to get is Vino…you take a pic of the wine label and it gives you a rating.

MsUnderstood says :

I have been HOOKED on Electric Reindeer for over 10 years now. OMG…I love it Can only find in my city around the holidays (Thanksgiving,Christmas) at World Market. Nice to give as gifts.

Mary A. McGreevey says :

I have a bottle of Electric Reindeer Chardonnay (CA). I do not know how long I have had it. Does unopened wine go bad? bought this in World Market and only saw it at Christmas, but not this year.
    Please advise if it is safe to open and drink.
    Thanks.

Galega says :

This wine can be used for long. It is a long lasting wine. If you have not opened it, you can definitely use it now. There won’t be any problem. It will even taste better.

MC says :

I got this wine 25 yrs. ago for xmas . Are you sure it’s still good

Galega says :

The wine doesn’t get spoiled. A 25 year old wine will be good. Alcohol works as preservatives. It can be little bit unpleasant to drink (taste), but it will not be dangerous. You may also enjoy it more than newly packed wine.

Flunky says :

This whole article reeks of being written by someone with a third grade education. Especially the first paragraph.

Aleks says :

How is this important, even you’re right ? This is consumer opinion, not Booker prize nominee.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27412530180731/k2311a124/12.4.08