Dexas measuring cup expandable  » Housewares  »
  • Always curious, and seeing a good sale, on the Friday after Thanksgiving, while in Bed Bath and Beyond, I bought the Dexas Expandable Measuring Cup
  • I'd always wanted an expandable measuring cup, cause I thought they were, well, interesting
  • I found it easy to measure the sugar, but concerned because it does not go completely flat at the bottom

• by Rhonlynn

There are alot of collapsible cooking utensils on the market, from measuring cups, to measuring spoons. Silicone bake ware is seen in every kind of baking pan available. Always curious, and seeing a good sale, on the Friday after Thanksgiving, while in Bed Bath and Beyond, I bought the Dexas Expandable Measuring Cup.

I’d always wanted an expandable measuring cup, cause I thought they were, well, interesting. This particular measuring cup is a 2 cup capacity, with metric on it as well.

It has a pivoting handle (I couldn’t figure out why it had a pivoting handle, until I turned the measuring cup right side out). Of course, it’s reversible, and much easier to read on the side with the numbers, that happens to be the collapsed and inward side.

I put it in the dishwasher, and it washed up well. It does stack pretty flat, but if you buy one, be sure and turn it towards the numbered side out. The other side is without ...

• numbers.

The first thing i used it on was meringue cookies. I found it easy to measure the sugar, but concerned because it does not go completely flat at the bottom. But, when I poured the amount of sugar into a Pyrex measuring cup, it measured perfectly to one cup.

Then, I cracked the eggs into the collapsible measuring cup,and transferred them to the mixing bowl. I was able to scrape off any egg white left on the underneath side of the measuring

cup, by turning it inward. It scraped easily off the outside of the measuring cup. (This is the use for the pivoting handle.)

I was able to wash, by hand, the measuring cup from the inside out. This is actually a nice feature. It’ll be very useful for scraping sticky mixtures from the inside out. It’s alot easier to scrape the outside of the bowl, instead of scraping the inside of the bowl. I’m real pleased with the collapsible measuring cup.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53412530140731/k2311a124/12.4.08