La Cafetiere Kettle  » Housewares  »
  • It comes to the boil quickly too,but I have noticed one tiny design flaw, you always have to beware of the steam coming from the spout, making sure that you don't hold the handle to far to the front of the kettle

• by Sarahjh2

One lazy Sunday afternoon we decided to surf the Internet, we both use Laptop computers and often find things of interest to show to each other. I had just started looking at the new Nintendo games on the market and hubby was yelling me!

He had found exactly what we wanted,now how many times have I heard that before?

So I tore myself away and took a look at what he was getting all hot under the collar about, Britney Spears? Madonna?…it was a kettle!

But when I took a closer look I could see what he meant, a selection of stylish

retro cordless electric kettles by La Cafetiere in a range of `sugar almond` colours. I could just see the beautiful pastel pink kettle sitting on our kitchen worktop!

We could have ordered directly from La Cafetiere, but I had some Amazon vouchers to use so after looking on the site we found the kettle, one of a range called `Cotswold Kettles` that come in electric or stove top. The price was £46.99, a bit more expensive because of the style I would imagine.

The kettle arrived two days later, a lovely shade of pastel pink, a very retro half arch black handle, a stainless ...

• steel spout and a stainless lid with a black knob.

We live in a `hard water` area so the anti scale filter that is built into the bottom of the kettle will be a great help to us, we always end up buying a packet of descaler.

The kettle element is enclosed within the base.

Although the kettle looks as though it could be weighty it is as light as a feather, the handle is good to grip and the larger spout pours well.

of the steam coming from the spout, making sure that you don’t hold the handle to far to the front of the kettle. I have overcome this by always using an oven mitt to pour the boiling water out and it hasnt really caused me any great problems, but that makes it a `grown ups` kettle in my books.

This kettle comes in another three colours,satin cream, baby blue and pale green. There are so many really stylish kettles on the market now, some of the stainless models are really good looking too.

Our La Cafetiere is just what we were looking for and it suits our kitchen design really well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53412530060631/k2311a124/12.4.08