LED Walgreens timed window candles  » Other  »
2.0
Sold at Walgreens across the country
  • We are going to keep them through the season, however, I think next year I will invest in new ones
  • I tend to think that the old fashioned plug-in versions are still the best

• by winali

I was searching for new lights to place in our windows for the holiday season. I came across these lights at Walgreens.

They are sold in packs of 4 for $10.

What caught my attention is that they are bright white LED lights that are set up to time themselves the first time you turn them on.

After you place

two (2) AA batteries in each one, you turn the switch on the bottom on and from that moment on the candles will stay lit for 8 hours! They will go off on their own at that time and will stay off for 16 hours.

They will re-light at the same time each night (unless you turn the switch on the ...

• bottom “off”).

I have to say the candles do really work.

We set them up at 5 o’clock the first night and they have continued to go on at that time each night.

They turn off at 1 am and stay off until 5 pm.

The downside to these lights is that they are LED.

They are too white to look

natural and they just aren’t anywhere near bright enough in our windows.

They look more like tiny white balls floating in our windows.

We are going to keep them through the season, however, I think next year I will invest in new ones.

I tend to think that the old fashioned plug-in versions are still the best.

The search will continue…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12412530020631/k2311a124/12.4.08