Cambridge auto center San Antonio, TX  » Cars  »
0.0
9823 fredricksburg road san antonio, tx 78240
  • I know he and his main-mechanics are probably the best around for serious work and repairs
  • However, after paying them $678.38 for a trans-flush and fluid/filter change, then having to make repairs because of their service I'm really disappointed,(and my stomach hurts)

• by james shelton

Took my 2002 f-350 powerstroke in to have my transmission flushed and fluid changed, also to replace the internal filter and an external filter replaced and valve installed, both provided by me. I have an aftermarket transmission “extra capacity” pan (mag-hytec). I requested amsoil torqueshift fluid,which I’ve been using for 4 years and have been pleased with.

My invoice says they used bg-trans flush kit (a good product) and atf-synthetic twin pack. I guess this was my requested fluid, but not sure.

They kept my truck for

2 days and said they had wanted to keep it overnight to check for leaks. That’s cool and I appreciated the concern.

The checking for leaks did catch my attention however, so when I brought it home, I looked at the bottom of the pan and there was a “slight” leak accumulating on the bottom of the pan,not bad but defintly there. Torque specs for pan are 12-16 ft/lbs.

I checked the torque on bolts,they ranged from 4-22 ft/lbs. One bolt was completely stripped-out.

I pulled it straight ...

• out with my fingers. I will have to drain and remove pan,install a heli-coil on stripped bolt hole (aluminum pan and trans case)and hope pan is not dimpled from over-torqing.

Clean mating surfaces,install new gasket,make sure bolts are torqued to specifications. A small thing, but absolutely necessary.

Then pour back captured fluid. This is not something I’m not looking forward to.

I’m not here to bash Steve Gehrleinand or his shop. I’ve taken my vehicles to him off and on for years and listen to him

on the radio whenever I can and really enjoy his radio show.

I know he and his “main-mechanics” are probably the best around for serious work and repairs. I’ll probably take my Powerstroke to his shop later-on for gear changes and lockers when I can afford it later next year because I do trust him on the serious changes I want done to my tuck.

However, after paying them $678. 38 for a trans-flush and fluid/filter change, then having to make repairs because of their service I’m really disappointed,(and my stomach hurts).

Cambridge auto center San Antonio, TX
    Charles (and Marlene) Richter says :

Sirs I have a 2002 Chev. Silverado 1500HD that y`all have worked on in the past. I am approaching 100,000 miles and am planning on scheduling an oil change. My question is at 100,000 miles-what if anything extra is done or recomended? If there are recomendations, what are they, estimated fee and time needed? Would appreciate your response.

debbie schaefer says :

i have a 1993 mercury capri non-turbo. have been having alot of trouble keeping her rpms up. she`s dies regularly. spits, sputters, studders and dies. occasionally the rpms ramp up on their own. i`ve replaced the mass air flow TPS sensor, fuel filter, oxygen sensor, checked fuel pressure and changed the idle air which i believe was used . no diagnostic equipment here in town pleasanton . i would like to bring her to you, but i don`t trust driving her to san antonio. thanks in advance for any assistance. debbie pleasanton 830-569-3524

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9412529990631/k2311a124/12.4.08