Quantum of Solace  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I don't think that we can seriously blame him for the mistakes in cinematography, script, and characters in this film
  • He changed before the audience's eyes, in my opinion
  • Personnaly, I would rather have had Strawberry Fields as the agent, as I found her better-looking, but they covered her in oil
  • While admittedly the action sequences were okay, I was actually disappointed witht the lack of meaningful dialogue

• by Dreus Eliwood

Quantum of Solace, in my calm, objecive opinion, was the worst piece of trash I have ever had the misfortune of buying a ticket to see. Many people have trashed Daniel Craig as the new Bond. I don’t think that we can seriously blame him for the mistakes in cinematography, script, and characters in this film. Although I never believed he looked the part of Bond, he did bring the toughness and uncertainty of a new agent in the field in Casino Royale. You could see his fear when he was going

to be tortured by Le Chiffre, you could feel that there was a connection between Bond and Vesper; one that he would never share with another woman. He changed before the audience’s eyes, in my opinion.

In fact, at least there was a woman that he maintained contact with in Casino Royale. At least chemistry built between them. Furthermore, at least in Casino Royale, there was a villain, a full-fledged villain. There were so many in Quantum ...

• of Solace, one could scarcely find a real villain. They weren’t really worth a damn. At least James got some action in this film, both on the field and undercover, but the woman he was in the most contact with in that film (Camille, not M. Ewww.) didn’t get any. Two hours and no action(unless you count the kiss)? That’s a hell of a dryspell for a Bond film. Personnaly, I would rather have had Strawberry Fields as the agent, as I found her better-looking, but they covered her in oil. Lube
        up, Jimmy.

While admittedly the action sequences were okay, I was actually disappointed witht the lack of meaningful dialogue. It could have been better. And I didnt much like how everything Bond did made him look like a murderer. He didnt do those things for fun, but out of neccessity. While I did like certain elements, like the action and the women, I was disappointed in the film in general. I give the film a five for just being produced. As a fan of Bond, I was genuinely disgusted.

Quantum of Solace

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11412529950631/k2311a124/12.4.08