Wilton Cookie Master Plus Cordless Cookie Press
2.0
  • And I will eventually try to use the cordless press again in my lifetime, cause I like pretty cookies

• by Rhonlynn

Cookies are fun to make, and for me, one of the joys of anytime, is mixing the dough, and shaping the pretty cookies in hopefully artistic works of art, to be consumed by hungry friends.

My mom owned a cookie press. It was the crank kind, that gave me hand cramps, but it worked well. I was making cookies,and decided I’d need a cookie press, to make my cookies pretty. I hoped it worked just as well, or even better, than mom’s. This is 2008, after all. Her’s was from 1972.

I saw the Wilton Cookie press On the Bed, Bath and Beyond website, first, then, I went and purchased it in the store. (Before checking

to see if anyone had written anything bad or good about it on www.reviewstream.com.) It is cordless, and doesn’t require the pumping, that the other Wilton Cookie Press requires.

It comes loaded with features, and cool little cookie disks,and decorating disks,and 2 recipes books. I gathered up ingredients to make the peanut butter spritzer cookies. I mixed up the recipe exactly as it said.

I read the instructions, and began my first batch. I used what I think is a railroad disk. The first batch was fun and easy, and baked up very nicely.

I tried a flower press disk. It’s not a complicated disk at all. Or shouldn’t be. Thus began what will probably be ...

• laughed at later on. It took me 2 hours to make the next dozen cookies. I tried to press the cookies, and the dough kept sticking to the sides of the press. I tried several disks, and did not have much luck. There is nothing to help on the website with it,and I didn’t call the number. I’m certain if I continue to use the reverse button,the motor will be burned up. Eventually I ended up with a few tree cookies form the tree disk, and a couple of flower cookies. I baked these ,and blew it off, as the learning curve.

The next dozen were my night mare, so much so that I began rolling

the cookies up in little balls, and molding the disks onto the balls. It worked, so I have embossed cookies. All in all, it took me almost 4 hours to make three dozen cookies, and very few were like the picture on the box. I do know there’s a learning curve, but a little bit is enough for me.

Wilton makes good products. And I will eventually try to use the cordless press again in my lifetime, cause I like pretty cookies. Maybe also, the manual cookie press Wilton makes is a better choice. Maybe it was my dough. I don’t know, but it will be a while before I try to use the cookie press again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53312528990731/k2311a123/12.3.08