Thermaltake Armor Series PC Case (VA8003BWS)  » Hardware  »
  • There're are literally more expansion slots than I know what to do with, and and hardcore computer tech will be thrilled with the myriad possibilites for the expansion of his or her machine
  • I can understand why others might want to avoid this asthetically unappeasing fix, though

• by AJ

As a first time builder of my own custom PC, I can strongly assert that the Thermaltake Armor Series Case more than exceeded my already high expectations.

With a whopping 7 expansion slots arranged vertically in the front of the case, all worry about needing to purchase a larger case in the future vanishes. I myself have fitted only two of mine, with a DVD drive and

an internal temperature reader. There’re are literally more expansion slots than I know what to do with, and and hardcore computer tech will be thrilled with the myriad possibilites for the expansion of his or her machine.

As for cooling, this case truly goes above and beyond. With two 90mm fans on the rear and top, two 120mm fans on the front and back, and a massive ...

• 250mm fan on the side, it’s safe to say that there will be ample cooling for even the most daring of overclockers. My personal rig maintains incredibly low temperatures at all times, despite the quad core processor and the 8800gts graphics card, two major sources of excess heat.

My only qualm with the case would have to be about the lack of transport methods; no handles or

grips makes it rather difficult to pick up and carry the case, even for short distances. I ammended this myself by merely popping off the top wire mesh, so as to provide a handhold; I can understand why others might want to avoid this asthetically unappeasing fix, though.

All in all, I’d give the VA8003BWS model of the Thermaltake Armor PC case series an above-average 8 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 33212528500431/k2311a122/12.2.08