Suave 2 in 1 Moisturizing Formula for dry hair  » Cosmetics  »
  • Suave is not my favourite brand, but when the drug store didn't have the brand I wanted, I bought some Suave
  • My hair is usually classified as 'normal' but the dry Nova Scotian winter had left me with dry bits in the middle of my hair, so I thought this formula would do the trick
  • This product also stated that it was ph balanced which is something I prefer in a beauty product

• by Melissa Glenn
      I have used Suave shampoo’s and conditioners on and off for years. Suave is not my favourite brand, but when the drug store didn’t have the brand I wanted, I bought some Suave. This particular shampoo/conditioner was Suave 2 in 1 Moisturizing Formula for dry hair.

I thought this would do the trick. My hair is usually classified as ‘normal’ but the dry Nova Scotian winter had left me with dry bits in the middle of

my hair, so I thought this formula would do the trick.

This product also stated that it was ph balanced which is something I prefer in a beauty product. As soon as I poured this product in my hand, I knew it wasn’t going to be great.

It was thick and green, and reminded me of Pert products which have never worked for my hair. Next, it was incredibly hard to get this 2 in ...

• 1 product to suds up at all.

Lack of suds is almost always a sign of two much wax in a product, and I wondered how greasy this would leave my hair. Two weeks of using this Suave and I’m done.

It hasn’t left my hair greasy, but my hair is almost as dry as when I started using it, with only minimal improvements. I always need to use an additional conditioner on my dry

bits of hair after using this suave.

Despite being ph balanced this product is only so so. Next time I’ll hunt down my favourite more expensive brand.

It’s claim on the back of the bottle, that you won’t need ‘a separate conditioner’ is not true in my case. This product did however smell fantastic.

It’s smell to me is that of an expensive hair salon, and always brings back that memory when I use it. Suave is manufactured by Unilever Canada.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3140552840231/k2311a054/5.4.06