Hibitane Veterinary Ointment - Antibacterial  » Pets  »
  • I have a very active dog, who on occasion scrapes the pads of his paws running over rocks and stones

• by Melissa Glenn
      Hibitane Antibacterial Veterinary Ointment, has been absolutely fantastic for my dog. To begin with, this is a multi-purpose Antibacterial and Antifungal cream that can be used for a variety of dog problems. I have a very active dog, who on occasion scrapes the pads of his paws running over rocks and stones.

Just the tiniest amount of Hibitane massaged over his pads, twice a day for two days and the

scrapes are gone. My dog also gets ‘hot spots’ tiny patches on his foot where the fur is gone, (he’s a chewer!) I find that if I put this ointment on, he stops chewing this area, and doesn’t even attempt to lick this ointment off, as the vet tells me it tastes quite nasty to a dog.

The great thing about this ointment is that it does not burn when ...

• applied to skin. It has never burnt mine, and my dog doesn’t mind when I put it on his pads or hot spots.

This ointment is good for minor surgeries, and safe to put around stitches. Additionally, a while back my dog developed blocked anal glands, and after the vet had surgically drained them, he told me to apply this ointment to his bottom for a week.

I really did

have to do this! but I wore disposable gloves. It really worked.

A week later there was no more swelling in his anal glands. This really is a multi-purpose dog ointment.

It is only sold by Veterinarians, and is not sold in pet stores. A 30gram tube of Hibitane lasts about six months for minor scrapes and surgeries, and retails for about $20CDN from your vet.

Hibitane is manufactured by Canadian Ayerst Veterinary Laboratories.

lanan says :

sfafa

Paige says :

Could hibitane ointment be used after the expire date? my dogs got hot patches on his tail and has chewed his hair off. my boyfriends mom gave me her leftover ointment from her vet.. but it expired in 2007 06 . .. do you think its still safe?

John says :

Paige, it is safe to use it, but when it has expired it has lost most of it’s effectiveness, so it wouldn’t work as well as it should.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2940552820231/k2311a054/5.4.06