Universal Studios, Olrando, Florida  » Travel  »
0.5
Orlando, Florida
  • Once I had visited it I felt bitterly disappointed
  • Even though half the rides were not working I noticed that there was a normal queue and a express queue
  • Personally I think that there are far better places to visit in Orlando such as Seaworld, Wet n Wild etc. They are also better value for money

• by crouch1234

I was quite looking forward to visiting Universal studios after seeing many good reviews about it on various travel channels.I travelled there in January 2008. Once I had visited it I felt bitterly disappointed.

For starters I forked out alot of money on a flexi ticket which was for Universal studios and Islands of adventure. What a complete waste of money. I only managed to go on one attraction ride The Mummy as most of the attractions had broken down or were having their annual service. I was quite lucky to get on The Mummy as that ride also broke down about 15mins after I had been on it. I tried

to go on the Jaws ride, apparently that was having its annual service. I tried the Twister ride and that had broken down. Everywhere I went I was told that the rides were closed. There were alot of upset kids (and adults).

I felt that Universal studios was just a rip off and they still tried to sting people for extra money. Even though half the rides were not working I noticed that there was a normal queue and a express queue. After paying large ticket prices you would expect to be able to get on the attraction ride quite quickly. No such luck! If you wanted to go ...

• in the express queue you would have to pay extra per ride otherwise you would have to get in line in the normal queue which in peak times you would be waiting an hour or so.

Also there were constantly people trying to sell photos/ sweets etc when you were passing. I felt that they were constantly in your face trying to sell you something. I felt constantly under pressure to buy something. I could’nt relax at all and I just wanted to get out of there. I was just walking with my partner. We have no kids. I would dread to think how much more pressure parents would be

under to buy sweets, toys, photos etc for their children.

I also felt that the food was criminally overpriced. All the food was junk food,hot dogs, candy floss, sweets etc. I didn’t find any nice diners that had a selection of meals. (Taking into account that I was not in the park more than 2 hrs).

In hindsight I wish I had never wasted my money visiting univesal studios. I felt that it was a complete and utter rip off and is much over hyped. Personally I think that there are far better places to visit in Orlando such as Seaworld, Wet n Wild etc. They are also better value for money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38212527780331/k2311a122/12.2.08