Samsung 1GB USB flash drive  » Hardware  »
  • This flash drive came with some integrated security software, which I found quite useless as one can just easily over write these mechanisms by simply formatting the drive
  • It is great for sharing and transferring my small to medium sized data and software and I like the compact design

• by Jscribe

Now, my flash drive is one accessory that I do not go anywhere without and I am really happy to say that I have drawn great satisfaction from two years of use with my Samsung flash drive.

When I first acquired my flash drive, 1GB was quite a lot of memory in flash drives and this was to be a really handy piece of portable hardware.

as one can just easily over write these mechanisms by simply formatting the drive. I do appreciate the gesture by Samsung though, as this is an indication to me that they are in line with the setting of trends and being unique going the extra mile, so to say.

Now, I have found that with gradual use, this flash drive of mine has picked up all sorts of viruses and unwanted software, but has continued to work ...

• fantastically after I have run it through an anti virus which is suitably up to date and efficient.

I found that this flash drive is compatible with all the computers I have ever used it on and have never had any trouble installing it for use. It is great for sharing and transferring my small to medium sized data and software and I like the compact design.

The only thing that annoys me about my Samsung 1GB flash drive is

the fact that the durability contained on the inside is not manifested on the outside as well, in the physical sense. After dropping the flash drive a couple of times, the outer shell has given in and it now splits open each time that happens. This has however, not resulted in any form of internal damage to the functionality of the flash drive and that is all that I can ask for my data being safe.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 33112527260731/k2311a121/12.1.08