The Whirlpool AWO/D 4605 washing machine  » Electronics  »
  • Now, for a great deal of my life I thought this passion only ran as far as personal cassette players, portable CD players or mobile phones depending on what stage in my life you asked me, but I have discovered as I have grown older that my passion covers everything technological
  • The Whirlpool AWO/D 4605 washing machine is the second washing machine I bought
  • I paid a mere two hundred and twenty pound for it, which I consider to be a real bargain
  • It is a rather boring industry standard white, with the standard door, control and drawer lay out
  • Since water is free in Scotland, I am not overly concerned with the former, but since I know this not to be the case elsewhere, I will list The Whirlpool AWO/D 4605 washing machine water consumption as well

• by tomcat99

As I have well noted in my previous reviews, I am passionate about technology. Now, for a great deal of my life I thought this passion only ran as far as personal cassette players, portable CD players or mobile phones depending on what stage in my life you asked me, but I have discovered as I have grown older that my passion covers everything technological.

Take washing machines for example. Prior to me buying this lovely house that I sit in to write this, I had no interest in washing machines. And why would I? a young man with a good job, shouldn’t really be spending his spare time reading up on washing machine performance statistics. But I have been. And it is interesting, for me at least. There are as many stats for a washing machine as there are for a television. The difference in performance from device to device is astonishing. I couldn’t believe it at

first. I have to admit that my initial dive into the world of washing machines was entirely self motivated. I needed to buy one, and the technology geek inside me would not allow me to just buy any old machine. I needed to know how it compared to other machines, was I getting value for money or would the sales people laugh at me as I left after buying the worst machine in the store. These are all the concerns of a technology geek, and unless you are similarly afflicted then you might think I am talking nonsense, but I assure you that these thoughts stopped me from getting a good nights sleep on more than one occasion.

The Whirlpool AWO/D 4605 washing machine is the second washing machine I bought. I paid a mere two hundred and twenty pound for it, which I consider to be a real bargain. This price is still at the lower end of the budget ...

• market, and I have only ever seen one brand new washing machine at a cheaper price.

So what do you get for your two hundred and twenty pounds? Well, you don’t get a pretty face, that’s for sure. Now its not that there is anything especially ugly about this machine. But there is nothing pretty either. It is a rather boring industry standard white, with the standard door, control and drawer lay out. Nothing inspiring at all about this machines appearance.

It does perform quite well, however, and this is why I purchased it. The first thing that I liked about this machine was its spin cycle. This machine spins at a lovely 1400 RPM. This is an outstanding figure considering the price. This RPM rate is considered to be the top of the market. You can spend twice as much and get a washing machine that will not spin any faster. In fact I have never seen a non commercial

washing machine with a faster spin cycle. This is a great aspect of this machine.

This machine is also cheaper to run than almost any washing machine I have ever come across. There are two ways in which this is measured water consumption and energy used. Since water is free in Scotland, I am not overly concerned with the former, but since I know this not to be the case elsewhere, I will list The Whirlpool AWO/D 4605 washing machine water consumption as well. This machine will use 44l of water on a full wash cycle. This is the lowest water consumption I have ever seen in a washing machine, and is very encouraging. It is, no doubt, because it uses less water, that The Whirlpool AWO/D 4605 washing machine uses less energy, as with less water there is less to heat. This machine uses 0.85kwh. So this machine is good for the environment and good for your wallet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16112527090731/k2311a121/12.1.08