The Hotpoint HVL211 washing machine  » Housewares  »
  • It is never just a case of whether or not it looks pretty, I need to know how efficient it is, whether or not it works to a high enough standard etc. I love specification lists
  • Then I will find out which machines do what I want them to do the best, then look for the cheapest of them

• by tomcat99

I have been researching washing machines for a considerable length of time now, having been thrown into the deep end by needing to buy one for a house that I purchased not all that long ago. As I have said in previous reviews I am a bit of a technology geek. More than a bit of a geek actually. I am a complete and utter technology geek. I love to know everything about a gadget. It is never just a case of whether or not it looks pretty, I need to know how efficient it is, whether or not it works to a high enough standard etc. I love specification lists. It has been an obsession of mine since I was a little boy. I need to know not just how good my gadget is, but how good my gadget is compared to all of the other similar gadgets out there. I want the very best value that I can get for my money. Take washing machines for example. I don’t need a

washing machine that says hello when you walking a room or makes me a cup of coffee when I want one, so those kind of gadgets are a waste of money for me. When I choose a device, the first thing I need to establish is what features I want. The next thing I do is look on the market place to see what features are available. It may be that there are features around which I had never heard of, and now that I have heard of them I will adjust my list. It may also be the case that there are some features that I wanted, but they are far too costly. Either of these scenarios will allow me to change my dream wish list. Then I will find out which machines do what I want them to do the best, then look for the cheapest of them. Now, I am not saying that it’s a quick process. In fact it takes me forever to make a decision, but I would ...

• rather that than make a fast but regretful choice. Take for example, The Hotpoint HVL211 washing machine.

Here is my prime example of why it pays to do your homework. I was forced to buy a washing machine very quickly, before I had a chance to do my homework. This is the model that I bought. I am ashamed to say that the decision was made primarily on the make. I had no time to review performance and as such I went with what I knew. This was a big mistake. I have since replaced it.

The first thing you notice is that The Hotpoint HVL211 washing machine is white. Not silver, not ultra modern black gloss, but white. I was quite intentional with this, even though it goes against current fashion trends. You see, I knew that I was going to be buying a white dish washer, due to lack of funds, so I wanted a washing machine to match. Its very superficial of me, but never the less that was the choice

I made.

This machine costs two hundred and forty pounds. This is still a budget machine, but I have since found out that there are substantially cheaper machines available in my beloved white.

The spin cycle on this machine is poor, with a meager 1100 RPM maximum. This is bad. In fact this is the lowest I have ever seen on any machine. How could I have been such a fool? The capacity in this machine is for a 5kg load. Once again this is the smallest load maximum I have since found in a machine. This is once again a terrible omission on my part. Why did I not just take a day or so to investigate? The salesman must have been laughing his head off.

It also transpires that this machine is killing the planet! The Hotpoint HVL211 washing machine is the most uneconomical machine I have ever seen in the budget range.

Do not make the same mistake I did do your homework first, and don’t buy this washing machine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53112527030731/k2311a121/12.1.08