Ministry Of Sound system with ipod dock MOSMC139IP ipod hifi  » Electronics  »
  • This is one of the birth places of modern music, it is renowned across the planet as being one of the best night clubs in Europe, certainly in the UK
  • I would explain here exactly why I don't like them, but I would only show my age
  • I would say things like I don't like the music to be so loud that you cant have a conversation or other nonsense that just isn't true
  • You see, the volume problem doesn't bother me so much if I at a Bruce Springsteen concert, so any such excuse for not liking the Ministry of Sound simply does not hold water
  • You can also take your USB cable and plug that into your hifi via the convenient USB port

• by tomcat99

The ministry of sound, for those who are unaware, is a night club in London. This is one of the birth places of modern music, it is renowned across the planet as being one of the best night clubs in Europe, certainly in the UK. I don’t like it. Maybe its because I am too old to want to go to that kind of place. I would explain here exactly why I don’t like them, but I would only show my age. I would say things like I don’t like the music to be so loud that you cant have a conversation or other nonsense that just isn’t true. The truth is that I feel old when I go to places like this. You see, the volume problem doesn’t bother me so much if I at a Bruce Springsteen concert, so any such excuse for not liking the Ministry of Sound simply does not

hold water.

So that’s what the Ministry of Sound is. Lets be clear, they have absolutely no history of making sound systems for personal or professional use. No experience at all. It is a brand name, and they are a fish out of water. It is the same thing as Playboy making chairs for girls bedrooms. They have no experience, but the brand name makes them expensive. Suffice to say that I am not particularly excited about the prospect of this MOSMC139IP ipod hifi device.

I should explain that I bought it for my sister. She, unlike me, loves the ministry of sound, and used to make a pilgrimage annually to hang out with the beautiful people in London town. So I bought this, and I have to say I was embarrassed to buy it. I was standing waiting to pay and all I could wish for was that I had ordered it online. I could feel ...

• people looking at me and laughing. This is a condition known only to music and technology geeks, like turning up to play a gig with a Squire guitar. You just wouldn’t want to be in that position.

I have to admit that I was very impressed. If I were not so much a proud geek I would consider getting one for myself.

In terms of looks it is a little plain. Some might argue that less is more. But I would argue that plain black might work on a dress, but for a mid range micro hifi, black is defiantly less. The only thing that spruces up this device is the range of blue buttons on the central unit. They stop you from falling asleep as you look at this boring price of plastic.

The features on the other hand, are something else. Most people will buy this for the docking station. This allows you to plug in

your ipod and play all your favourite tracks through what can only be described as beefy speakers. This stereo is loud. Properly loud, as you would expect from a hifi that gets its name from a techno nightclub.

But the most exciting feature on the MOSMC139IP ipod hifi is the SD memory card slot. Maybe its just because I am a total techno geek, but this is such an unusual feature that I just love it. I can take the music from my cell phone and slot it into this hifi! How intense is that? But there is more. You can also take your USB cable and plug that into your hifi via the convenient USB port. Now is it just me, or does that open up a whole world of possibilities. Just think what you can do by connecting your laptop to your hifi. It gets me weak at the knees, I need to go and buy one!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16112527010731/k2311a121/12.1.08