Acer Aspire One Linux version 8gb  » Laptops  »
  • The best part of the aspire one is that it fits in my purse
  • I definitely recommend this product with two warnings

• by Sweetkat

I was not intending to get another laptop. The one I have is fine. But then I spotted this cute little one. It is so small you can carry it with one hand. It comes in many colors.

It is now available in Windows and Linux. But linux is definitely cheaper. I only paid $365 CAD for mine. I got the blue one.

So it was love at first site. That was until I realized I

have no idea how to use linux. The hard drive is small so you can’t store much on it but it boots up really quick. Trying to install programs is aggravating because I have no prior knowledge of Linux.

But the programs it comes with are great. It uses opensource applications so that you can easily transfer from this word processor or spreadsheet to windows based programs. It includes firefox as well. The other problem is system recovery.

The ...

• network centre disappeared after an update was done. Don’t throw away the disk. I did. I figured how can i use it.

But to do a system recovery you need two computers. One to take the image from the disk so you can transfer it to the Aspire One. This glitch is common among the aspire one. The thousands of forums devoted to this topic are examples of this.

I have yet to figure out how exactly to do

this. So as such my aspire one sits at home when I’d rather have it out with me. The best part of the aspire one is that it fits in my purse. The worst part is the linux system and the network center glitch.

I definitely recommend this product with two warnings. If you buy this product, have some knowledge of linux and make sure you have a recovery disk and are familiar with the recovery process. Don’t do any updates until you are.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 633011526531030/k2311a1130/11.30.08