Cath Kidston Ltd  » Shopping  »
3, Broad Street, Bath, Avon. BA1 5LJ
  • I needed 4 metres,so if you said that the fabric was going to cost £72 plus the feather eiderdown which had cost me £18 that came to a grand total of £90, considerably cheaper than buying a vintage quilt already covered

• by Sarahjh2

Having recently bought a small cottage in Wiltshire we really wanted to keep the inside true to it`s era. But finding soft furnishings that met the criteria wasn’t easy. We endlessly trawled the Internet, religiously looking on EBay for any fabric that was suitable. We submitted bids on EBay for countless eiderdowns, but all of the pretty paisley ones were going way past what we could afford to pay!

It was back to the drawing board and we decided to bid on a feather quilt that needed recovering, in the hopes that some suitable fabric would turn up at a reasonable price.We eventually `won` the quilt for £10 plus £8 P&P. So the

next step was to find the right fabric.

Cath Kidston had come into conversation many times, usually when I had coffee with friends. I was explaining to them that I wanted to recover the feather quilt and have some matching curtains and contrasting cushions. Quick as a flash Sophie stepped in to tell me that Cath Kidston`s shop was the place I needed to visit because she specialised in retro vintage fabric of all types.

I could hardly wait to feast my eyes on this Vintage fabric and couldn’t resist a quick surf on the Internet to check it out!

Sophie couldn’t have been more right! the fabric was perfect, exactly what I had envisaged.

• Cath Kidston`s shop in Broad Street Bath is a Treasure Trove filled with adorable bits and pieces, I had to tear my eyes away from the beautiful bed linen and china. A wonderful display of floral wallets, bookbags and handbags filled one corner entirely.

The Aladdin`s cave was crammed with key rings, jewellery, corsages, scarves, hats and gloves plus countless delightful bits and bobs that would make marvellous gifts and gave you endless ideas for special occasions.

Amongst the huge bolts of fabric I spotted it! the Paisley pattern material needed to recover the feather quilt. The shade was called `Palepin` and it was £18 a metre. I needed 4 metres,so if you said

that the fabric was going to cost £72 plus the feather eiderdown which had cost me £18 that came to a grand total of £90, considerably cheaper than buying a vintage quilt already covered.

I felt like a child let loose in a sweet shop! the whole experience was delightful. The shop had such magnetism, every corner drew your eye.

Just over a week later I had managed to recover my quilt, the vintage look that I had craved was there! the quilt looked the part, if I may say so!

The visit to Cath Kidston`s shop in Bath was inspirational and once my piggy bank is looking more stable then I will take another visit to that `Fairyland` in Broad Street Bath.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 243011526461030/k2311a1130/11.30.08