The Shack by William P. Young
  • Young and so after reading the back of the book and seeing that it was on the best sellers list, I suggested it to my book club and the reading began
  • The next part of the book takes a very interesting turn
  • There were times in the story when I honestly had trouble wrapping my mind around what was happening, but I learned by the end, that that's kind of the point

• by winali

My mother insisted that I read The Shack by William P. Young and so after reading the back of the book and seeing that it was on the best sellers list, I suggested it to my book club and the reading began.

The beginning of this story will draw you in as any man or woman with a family will relate.

And you will no doubt feel the complete

and total despair that follows after the main characters lose their youngest daughter in a violent abduction.

You may even need to put the book down after that part in the book to take a breath, as I did.

Let me tell you though, that the book does not go into any graphic detail or describe what happens to their daughter, Missy, which is something I greatly appreciated.

...

• The next part of the book takes a very interesting turn.

Mac, the father and main character, who is so lost in his grief receives an invitation from God to return to the scene of his daughter’s murder, a shack in the woods, to face his nightmare.

the end, that that’s kind of the point.

To challenge everything you ever thought about God and the way the world works and to hopefully get you to see things in a new light.

Without giving too much away, I will tell you that regardless of your faith, this is a book that will really get you thinking about how you see the circumstances of your life, the good and the bad.

The Shack by William P. Young

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172811525510230/k2311a1128/11.28.08