Awake (R, 2007)
  • I am definitely not a huge Jessica Alba fan

• by Famous

I am definitely not a huge Jessica Alba fan. But I wanted to see this movie mainly because I was unsure how the director would put a spin on �anesthetic awareness��a condition that causes people undergoing surgery to feel pain and be conscious, but unable to move or speak.

The idea of that was incredibly scary,

which is what drew me to the film.

But I should have known that if Alba was part of the cast, there had to be some kind of sinister Hollywoodized plot going on to justify her presence.

In any event (SPOILER ALERT!) Alba�s character is guilty of plotting to kill her fiance, and there are of ...

• course other people in on the plot as well.

The bottom line is that I have a hard time believing anything that Jessica does in films.

She just doesn�t seem to be able to reach very far in any of the roles that she�s in.

Her beauty of course gets her the attention of

Hollywood.

But even where that�s concerned, I�ve seen more beautiful women work harder at acting.

This movie was quite the snooze.

With a decent cast, you�d think that the storyline would be a little less transparent.

This spy thriller was nothing less than a bore.

Rent it when you have to do a little housecleaning.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112811525360230/k2311a1128/11.28.08